looking for a Reliable Shipping Company, in Dom Rep

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do your friends feel comfortable being shipped in a container? Every 3 months?
Sorry I had to say that.

Are you shipping from the DR or to the DR?

If to the DR, where are you shipping from? And what are you shipping? That will influence suggestions on the shipping company.

If from the DR, you get the point.. To where and what?

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Blue Ocean Line can ship anything anywhere. The owner is an American expat.

Blue Ocean Line

I used their services in July, everything was perfect. My cargo was fragile, so they assisted with building crates, shipping the container, dealing with Customs, etc.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just sent them the 'Ship fromCanada' question....

I'l have a 20ft container coming sometime in the next few months- hopefully

funckytown

Apr 17, 2005
Wiesbaden, Germany, Germany
Customs Agency

HI,
I have to change my request,
Everyone knows the problems at the "Aduanas" of Dominican Republic,

I am looking for a thrustfull "Customs Agency"

to clear goods at Customs

Not only for once, but I would like to develop a professional and sustainable relationship

thanks in advance

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From MIA , I am told that Luis @ Montero Shipping is good. My friend used him

At the RD end Hispaniola Freight in SD can help you through customs.
Wendoline dePena was my contact in 2009, January.... maybe she's still there

good luck

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
ha ha ha i had a customs import agent work for me and stole my money...my goods were tied up for two months...i had to bring influential help with me to the police dept at heina....(dirty place.. ) who summoned the broker...got there in 45 minutes and told him in front of my witness and myself that if the papers were not paid for he would be hauled off to prison until they were,,,,i think the agent believed him because all was forgived in ten days... and we went back to talking youth baseball////

sweetP

Sep 3, 2013
The experiences that you have at The ports, especially Rio Haina, is directly related to the people representing you at Aduana or Customs.
SLC Int'l Freight forwarders, Port Newark, New Jersey, USA. 201-848-2314. In Santo Domingo, Osvaldo 809-474-3228.
Email: edicks9@aol.com will provide Door to Door Svcs., From USA to Domincan Republic for autos, motorcycles, boat, trucks,etc. They cover everything from A to Z when it comes to door to door to DR.

They offer Port to Port Svcs., from any port In USA to a variety of ports in the Dominican Republic for full container cargo.

I had a wonderful experience with them, moving my car from NY to Santo Domingo (Rio Haina) in September 2014.