Checked Luggage On Caribe Tours

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Came back from SD on Caribe Tours today, first time in a long time that I have traveled on CT with a suitcase.

Surprised to see they are tagging luggage when it is loaded in the luggage compartment and the driver checks the tag when you take it out at end of trip.

Is this just a precaution CT instituted, or were there problems with stolen luggage?

In the past I have thought how easy it would be to take a bag that wasn't your own, so I think this is a good move by CT.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Yes, I noticed this, very good move. Now if they can just understand what those numbers on the timetable boards are............

One thing I find better in DR than elsewhere are the coach services all over the place, and obviously improving.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have never seen it done before but then i try not to travel with CT (cucaracha tours). anyways, excellent idea. hopefully metro will do the same.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
happy and not happy... i have used that line before....once when going i wanted to bring my passola..ok no extra $. but they tipped it over and drained the gas. i figured they would put the bike in the larger compartment upright,,,but no. they fill that first. e z er...
then i asked for my gas...4or5 us and the guy said no..its for him.... he said it was his lucky day...
it was a great trip r/t to puerto plata. motor scooter on board, should have taken the early bus then stayed over....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I always buy two tickets, to have more room, and for my bag.
You should see what happens when we get to Santiago and they TRY to put someone in my extra seat.
I show them my TWO tickets but the guy STILL "TRIES" to tell me I can only have one seat!!!!!!
"Wanna BET"??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Maybe he could tie a rope to the bus and get pulled behind for half price??????

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
They do this in most central and south American countries, I am glad they are doing it here now - although I didn't noticed this when a friend left Sosua recently - well, may be they did but I didn't pay a lot of attention.

In the past I have sat on the side of the luggage compartment and kept my eyes peeled to the bags coming out at every stop, or even went down and waited until they closed those doors - I read some stories about bags finding feet walking off on their own, but I must admit they were very old stories....

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Been there done that

I always buy two tickets, to have more room, and for my bag.
You should see what happens when we get to Santiago and they TRY to put someone in my extra seat.
I show them my TWO tickets but the guy STILL "TRIES" to tell me I can only have one seat!!!!!!
"Wanna BET"??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Maybe he could tie a rope to the bus and get pulled behind for half price??????

No problemo I showed the driver in SD that I had 2 tickets
he smiled in a way that indicated he liked the concept and never had a problem.

ggparts