Will Sosua Have 2 New Hospitals?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

PhD C?sar Pe?a Bonilla, in Sos?a well-known as the director of customs and also a candidate for governor of the province of Puerto Plata, recently expressed a remarkable statement. He was approached by journalists during the opening ceremony of the new cultural center in Montellano.

C?sar said that Sos?a (and vicinity) can count on not one but two hospitals in the near future. It is not just a public hospital, but also a children's hospital. There is great need in this region because the average age of the population is very young. The families have many children and mothers often have several children at an early age. He said that negotiations are in an advanced stage with international institutions for the financing of the two hospitals. C?sar also said that he and President Danilo Medina discussed the matter and that the President recognizes the need for both hospitals and supports this initiative.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
At least we know that ground will be broken in early 2016 for the elections. BUT we also know work will cease 24 hours after the election. If this is different this time I will be very pleasantly surprised

Bob K

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where are they going to find the doctors and nurses to staff these places? It's one thing to have the buildings, but another to actually provide the service.

These will likely be public hospitals, not private hospitals. I have no doubt that they will have doctors and nurses. The DR produces more doctors than are needed for present facilities, just as they do lawyers and other professions. The public hospitals don't pay enough to attract top doctors, but they will have doctors.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where are they going to find the doctors and nurses to staff these places? It's one thing to have the buildings, but another to actually provide the service.

And they will hire people off the street to act as nurses. If you are from a country that has RN, LPN, etc remember this is the DR. The level of the doctors they will have has already been covered.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Reporting Hot Air

Here, you never know until the doors are opened and....

...... you see what is behind them.....

opendoor_zps2f87a732.jpg

{What amazes me, however, is that some people find it worthy to tell what a political candidate for some province post said... :bunny: }

donP

May 29, 2006
If even 10% of what was going to happen in Sosua actually happened, it would be a very different town indeed. Though I did hear they put in that footpath between El Batey and Los Charimicos..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If even 10% of what was going to happen in Sosua actually happened, it would be a very different town indeed. Though I did hear they put in that footpath between El Batey and Los Charimicos..

Still in process. But yes they are working on it. Slowly.