Apple Store

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In what part of the DR?

Apple does not have an official store here, but they do have many authorised resellers.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Punto Mac does a good job, I bought a MBP, they were very profesional. See it here: PuntoMac

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Punta Cana/B?varo area - Mac Center, Plaza Paseo San Juan (a couple of units up from Noah restaurant)
https://www.facebook.com/maccenterRD

Mac Center
Distribuidor Autorizado Apple
Contamos con todos los productos de Apple y con los mejores accesorios fabricados para dichos productos.
Ofrecemos servicio de reparaci?n de:
MacBook, iMac, Mac Pro, iPhone, iPad
**Con o sin garantia**

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
IZONE Palma Real Plaza.. Its in the middle of the Plaza... its $37 bucks for aftermarket lighting cable..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I went to Punto Mac in SD when my charger died....they honored my warranty and replaced it for free. Very nice guys, spoke English too.

Punto Mac does a good job, I bought a MBP, they were very profesional. See it here: PuntoMac

We have not had great service from them at all. We have had to bring both of our MacBook Pro laptops back to be fixed for the exact same problems, not sure if their confusion is bc we brought 3 different computers in or what but it has been frustrating to say the least.
It's been a complete disaster for the last 6 months.

I am sure they are fine to buy cords from though.

Ps only one guy speaks English and he is not always there.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have not had great service from them at all. We have had to bring both of our MacBook Pro laptops back to be fixed for the exact same problems, not sure if their confusion is bc we brought 3 different computers in or what but it has been frustrating to say the least.

Take your Mac's here.

CompuSistemas S.A. Distribuidor Autorizado por APPLE
https://www.facebook.com/CompusistemasRD

The owner Mike Benson (American) is by far the most knowledgeable Mac guy in the DR.
He has also been a Mac reseller since 1983 in the DR.
Tell him Robert from DR1 sent you, he will look after you.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

I'm really surprised. When we were there, I think there were 4 guys behind the counter, I went in alone while Mr. AE parked the car. Big tall European/German looking Dominican spoke great English, and the manager was dark haired, slender guy, spoke English. I didn't talk to the other two. They entered the serial number from the machine into their computer, so I doubt they could confuse more than one, but who knows?????

I'm really surprised. When we were there, I think there were 4 guys behind the counter, I went in alone while Mr. AE parked the car. Big tall European/German looking Dominican spoke great English, and the manager was dark haired, slender guy, spoke English. I didn't talk to the other two. They entered the serial number from the machine into their computer, so I doubt they could confuse more than one, but who knows?????

I agree I read your post about them before we went and I was expecting service like you said. The saga is not over we just picked up 2 computers after them having them for 4 months and the wife needs them for music. I will write a post about it when we see what happens next when we travel back... Sigh...she actually was worried that they kept both of her computers and would not give them back bc they did not respond to emails about the computers only that out cords were fixed.
They magically found the big pro in the back after it wasn't there 30 minutes before.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I agree I read your post about them before we went and I was expecting service like you said. The saga is not over we just picked up 2 computers after them having them for 4 months and the wife needs them for music. I will write a post about it when we see what happens next when we travel back... Sigh...she actually was worried that they kept both of her computers and would not give them back bc they did not respond to emails about the computers only that out cords were fixed.
They magically found the big pro in the back after it wasn't there 30 minutes before.

Sorry Harley :(