Owner of Hard Rock Caf? Clashes with Reporters

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
This is what happened:

Controversy at Hard Rock Santo Domingo
Radio talk shows have dedicated long spans to the case of El Nuevo Diario editor Hector Romero who was asked to leave a press conference held at Hard Rock Caf? Santo Domingo by the owner Peter Gauster and security. Romero had written about a recent concert by Cultura Profetica where members advocated the legalization of marihuana. He highlighted that one of the tracks, “Saca, prende y soprende” encourages the consumption of cannabis. In his review on the concert, Romero explained that the artist encouraged the use of marihuana, and “among the public there was smoke and it smelled like smoking marihuana without the organizers or security intervening.”
Hard Rock Caf? say that the rules of the establishment are that no smoke is permitted, be this cigarettes, marihuana or electronic cigarettes.
In the written press, Diario Libre show business critic, Alfonso Quinones criticized that when Romero was asked to leave the other entertainment reporters did not do so equally in protest.
Derecho de admision - DiarioLibre.com
Segundo concierto de Cultura Prof?tica en HRCSD se convierte en manifestaci?n pro marihuana

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Hypocrites Smell Smoke

Now this is really funny. :laugh:
Two journalists get all worked up over an alleged promoted marihuana consumption in a country where loads of cocaine and heroin are smuggled daily. :rolleyes:

This was a pre-planned act of paid journalism (which - of course - even outraged Dominicans in NY... :tired: ).

donP

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
im applying for my diwstributors license for the elderly gringo set...m.m. medical .mary....i think distribution is where the money is...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"donP", you are right about the "Law Suit" to come!!!!
The owner of "HR" made a complete apology in the press today, asking forgiveness for the "Misunderstanding"!!!!!!
I'm sure that was on the "Advice of Consul"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
I have a prescription for medical marijuana here in Canada for PTSD Anxiety and a spinal injury, I am a retired police officer. So I go to the DR for two months each winter and my question is, is it hard to find in Punta Cana and do they have medical marijuana dispenseries in Punt aCana or do you have to buy from the streets?

I have a prescription for medical marijuana here in Canada for PTSD Anxiety and a spinal injury, I am a retired police officer. So I go to the DR for two months each winter and my question is, is it hard to find in Punta Cana and do they have medical marijuana dispenseries in Punt aCana or do you have to buy from the streets?

No medical pot here!! It is easy to find but you have to be VERY careful who you get it from and it is not the best quality!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Ask for it @ PUJ airport... :bunny:

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks I will have to see what I can see once i get back there in winter. I know enough folks so it should be okay if not there is always rum!!

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013

DO NOT play with drugs in DR. If you cant find an alternative effective treatment you need to find another vacation spot. amount doesn't matter. if you had well established upper class dominican friends and did it on their property maybe. But on your own? Crazy. the drug dealer gets paid twice. once when you give him 50 bucks for 5 bucks of dirt weed. then the dealer gets paid again when he narcs you out and the cops take you to the atm--if you are lucky. - They didn't have the sixties in DR. most people dont distinguish between hard and soft drugs.

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
DO NOT play with drugs in DR. If you cant find an alternative effective treatment you need to find another vacation spot. amount doesn't matter. if you had well established upper class dominican friends and did it on their property maybe. But on your own? Crazy. the drug dealer gets paid twice. once when you give him 50 bucks for 5 bucks of dirt weed. then the dealer gets paid again when he narcs you out and the cops take you to the atm--if you are lucky. - They didn't have the sixties in DR. most people dont distinguish between hard and soft drugs.

100% right. the dealers are all snitches who will rat you out, have the cops bust you, then share in the proceeds when they clean out your bank account.