Next month I hire 5-7 sales people ....

tao112

Jul 6, 2011
Does anybody have a estimate of what an average salesperson makes a month?

Job description would be something like 9-5 selling diffrent beverages to colmadoes, liquor stores, supermarkets etc..

Transportation will be provided by company...if anybody have experience in this matter please let me know how much to pay the workers.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Job description would be something like 9-5 selling diffrent beverages to colmadoes, liquor stores, supermarkets etc..

Transportation will be provided by company...if anybody have experience in this matter please let me know how much to pay the workers.

$RD 8000-40,000
Of course you could try pay less, or more if generous.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You are looking for a "Promotora".
You must pay a low salary, say 6,000 to 8,000, PLUS a commission.
If you pay a straight salary of 20,000 or more, they will have no reason to work hard at selling your products.
Although that is true everywhere, it is 100%, VERY, Very true here in the DR!
They would be happy to make 20,000 a month, and forget about trying to make more!
PS, only pretty young girls need apply!
REALLY!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You are looking for a "Promotora".
You must pay a low salary, say 6,000 to 8,000, PLUS a commission.
If you pay a straight salary of 20,000 or more, they will have no reason to work hard at selling your products.
Although that is true everywhere, it is 100%, VERY, Very true here in the DR!
They would be happy to make 20,000 a month, and forget about trying to make more!
PS, only pretty young girls need apply!
REALLY!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC is right, to make good money they should be required to sell.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Is this a new distribution company? where? all of DR?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I don't think he's looking for a promotora. If you want to sell beverages you have to talk to the purchase departments of supermarkets, liquor stores or Almacenes (you don't want to sell and distribute yourself to colmados, their are companies that have their distribution network to service the tens of thousands of colmados in the country.

If you're looking for sales guys like that you need to pay them a reasonable base salary so they can be presentable and are not looking for other ways of income but focused on their job. Rest should be commision based.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Pay attention to those who actually do similar business in the DR. Network, network, network.....