Identification of Bohuco Caro

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
I have an external infection (wound) on my knee and it is recommended that I place bohuco caro in a fire, burn it, pulverize the ash, and apply it to my wound as polvo.

Does anyone know the scientific name for this plant? I never place anything in or on my body without investigating the biochemistry first.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is a bogus treatment. what you should do is to take a black chicken, kill it on a cemetery at exactly midnight, on the 3rd wednsday of the month. you then place chicken head in a bag woven from silk and wear this bag strapped on your neck for 3 weeks, at night placing the bag under your pillow.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I wluld suggest that yellow bar of soap sold at any colmado, everybody uses it......
It is said it is the best way to prevent infected wounds....

If already infected, refer to dv8's post......

Aug 6, 2006
Bohuco caro is one of several herbs used to make mamajuana, and is also known as princess vine. I searched for a while and could not find anything about the botanical name (ie the Latin name) of the plant or its properties.

Probably it would help if you washed the infection with peroxide or alcohol and then applied your ashes. Some sort of sulfa powder or neosporin would be helpful.Ampicillin 100 mg for a week is good for infections, I have found.

Burning a plant probably removes much of any curative power it has.

The rotting chicken head is likely to serve the purpose of your finding out who your true friends are.

b?rbaro

Jul 9, 2014
I have an external infection (wound) on my knee and it is recommended that I place bohuco caro in a fire, burn it, pulverize the ash, and apply it to my wound as polvo.

Does anyone know the scientific name for this plant? I never place anything in or on my body without investigating the biochemistry first.

Cissus sicyoides

among other things it's anti-inflammatory

In many places we forget our grandparents knowledge

b?rbaro

Jul 9, 2014
My grand, and many older folks, know a lot about these things infusions, herbs, cataplasms... but I live in the city, so sadly all that knowledge will get lost.

Thank God we've got books and the internet!!!

Anyway, I really enjoyed going for a walk with my grand to pick up herbs while listening to her stories

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
this is a bogus treatment. what you should do is to take a black chicken, kill it on a cemetery at exactly midnight, on the 3rd wednsday of the month. you then place chicken head in a bag woven from silk and wear this bag strapped on your neck for 3 weeks, at night placing the bag under your pillow.

lol. This is extremely high on the chuckle scale.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago

DV8 is a cuandera.