haitians squaters

snoode

Jul 25, 2014
I am in San Francisco, across the street from my apartment is a building that has never been completed. When I first rented the apartment the street was quiet and safe. Since then about 20 Haitians have squatted in the building, resulting in drunken brawls, loud disturbances, trash everywhere. They have run a wire to steal electricity at the power lines, They were trying to steal water from other buildings until one owner allowed them to use an outside faucet. My question is will the city or police respond to a complaint and move them out?

Any thoughts other than MOVE?

thanks in advance

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Way To go - you never know -just want the OP to clarify as it was in Living forum rather than a particular area.

Olly and the Team

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Way To go - you never know -just want the OP to clarify as it was in Living forum rather than a particular area.

Olly and the Team

Olly's got a bee in his bonnet tonight. The one-man dream team ( at least in his mind )

Aug 6, 2006
So, this would be San Francisco Macoris, not the San Francisco famous for cablecars, Rice-A-Roni and the misplaced heart of Frank Sinatra?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
nice, my friends brother had them 'living' in a house about a city block from him. he has a large mango tree that he and his family/friends enjoy very much. it is on the perimeter of his property... he notices a absence of fruit on the street side and says ah kids dom kids. they will find a fruit tree... comes home one day when the house was empty and all was gone...all... he went nuts not fruity...

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Police will do zero.

If by some miracle of God they are evicted - burn down the building behind them and salt the earth of the property. Otherwise they will just return.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
This is a serious problem in the whole country. But hell. The middle class Dominicans need cheap labor. Maybe CB can help the OP with his problem.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
This is a serious problem in the whole country. But hell. The middle class Dominicans need cheap labor. Maybe CB can help the OP with his problem.

If the labor gets any cheaper, the laborers will be paying the bosses for the privilege.........

B in Santiago

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
One of my Haitian maids just took her 2,000 pesos and went to visit her family in Haiti,
She earns 4,000 a month for 3 days a week.
The "Senior Haitian Maid" gets 5,000 a month for 3 days a week.
They each have 3 kids.
How do they DO IT?????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
AND, Unlike Dominican maids, they don't steal anything!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
they are watching the place.ha ha ha owner returns in jan/feb and spends some $. they stay there all year...working at watching the place

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
PJT has to agree with CC on this one. It is PJT's experience and that of his neighbors, we enjoy the honesty of Haitian domestics.

To get back to the subject of the thread, it is up to the property owners and/or the police to rid the location of the squatters. We all know the police will not do anything unless they receive a token of some sort. The other option is visit the local godfather and request a favor.

Regards,

PJT

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
10 years ago Cerro Alto in Santiago where I live was a normal middle-class area. Today, due to the invasion of haitian workers with her families it is more haitian than dominican. We have the same problem as the OP. Ones can't do anything against that without moving. But nobody buy my house with all that haitian neighbors. Just to accept the mistake making when moving here to DR

snoode

Jul 25, 2014
yeah ok great advice I pay the police to move them out, then they extort what ever they can from the Haitians to allow them to stay, and give me up to them as the person who wants them out.
Guess you never lived in an urban area before but let me clue you in to how the streets work, that would be a mistake