Sosua Ocean Village robbery

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
This is a good thing. Now the Russian m@b will finish what the P.N. barley started.
That's if it isn't an inside job. Hahha

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Whenever a town goes through rapid changes like the one's Sosua is currently going through, you are
bound to start seeing an uptick in burglary and robberies. Look at the bright side of the story, no gringos
were killed in the process.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there's been a few big robberies in POP too: jewelry store, association of camioneros...

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Whenever a town goes through rapid changes like the one's Sosua is currently going through, you are
bound to start seeing an uptick in burglary and robberies.

Are there any statistics to substantiate this? If so, please share them.

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
Jails are full of Haitians this morning.

WoW! I see you've been Dominicanized. Anything goes wrong blame the Haitians. Im pretty sure that Dominicans were behind this.

There were some people looking to rob property in Los Cerros last night. Surprisingly the PN arrived promptly and the perps fled. More surprising is that PN left people behind until about 1am to protect the neighborhood.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
jails are full of Haitians because every time there is a high profile crime the police go out and arrest every Haitian they can find. Its SOP in the DR.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Are there any statistics to substantiate this? If so, please share them.

No statistics, just facts. I lived in Sosua for a long time and you better believe the same guys and gals
who were out hustling to make money every night are now (without a spot like D'latin or block) exploring other
options. I suggest you wake-up and smell the coffee.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
No statistics, just facts. I lived in Sosua for a long time and you better believe the same guys and gals
who were out hustling to make money every night are now (without a spot like D'latin or block) exploring other
options. I suggest you wake-up and smell the coffee.

Wasn't sure if this was just your opinion or you had some basis. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Obviously the cajas fuertes weren't tan fuerte!
No doubt this must be the work of prostitutes with crow bars accompanied by unsavoury sex tourists and those bedevilled foreign sex entrepreneurs.
We can be glad that the government finally is taking action to protect us all, to remove these unsavoury characters.
In any case the family tourism in Ocean Village was violated, which is no joke.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Wasn't sure if this was just your opinion or you had some basis. Thanks for clarifying.

My basis would be all of the people I met while living in Charamicos.
Trust me, its far from an opinion. There is a certain demographics
(which you definitely have in Charamicos, Sosua Abajo and surrounding areas)
who are dependent on a single block (Pedro Clasente) to hustle up just enough money every day
to get something to eat, something to drink and blow the rest on getting high.

What you are going to start seeing is more of this type of activity to supplement the FACT
these "hustlers" no longer have a "semi" controlled environment to hustle in.

No more guys begging for a few pesos in front of the clubs/ bars at night. You also have
drug addicts from barrios in the Capitol who follow their trashy girlfriends up to Sosua from
Boca Chica during certain times of the year. When "high" season kicks in and these girls (and chulos)
come up for a month from SD to hustle and the block is a no go zone do you think they are just
going to hop on the first bus and go home?

There may not be any statistics flowing in on paper to back it up but I will bet anyone on this
forum you are going to see a uptick in robberies and muggings throughout Sosua and the
surrounding areas come "high" season if these "changes" continue.

Life is sooooooo much nicer down here in Santo Domingo without all of the stupid sex "tourist" and
the sh*t they attract.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
The robbery occurred around 4 AM on 11 Sep. Yesterday I was asked to check and backup the video camera recordings for the police at the project where they arrested the suspects - what time the suspects left the property and what time they returned that morning.