Help wanted with new Guide to the DR

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Some of you may remember that a couple of years ago I was asked to fact check the DK Top 10 Guide to the DR. As part of that I was lucky to have volunteers living in different parts of the country to let me know about their area including which were the best bars, restaurants and hotels, and if there were new ones or others closed down. Although this is not paid work, as a quid pro quo, for those who help I can ensure that their business is mentioned, and also include their favourite places to go.

For example the guide from 2 years ago includes Rocky's bar, Casa 21 in Sosua, Mikes Fishing Charters in Punta Can and Cobraboy's Motocaribe.

If anyone can help with this year's guide, I will be receiving the PDFs of the different areas of the country soon, so please let me know, or if you prefer send me a pm.

Thanks in advance

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
let me know if you need my help with a brief description and review of some new places in POP.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
let me know if you need my help with a brief description and review of some new places in POP.

Thanks dv8. I will put you down for POP - you did a fab job last time and all your fave places are in there.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
great, mat. i will email you later today. i have no businesses to promote, just places i go to.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If you're covering San Cristobal province, let me know.

Yes please, it is in the south west section. I know not quite south west, but a bit like the USA when places in the north east are called the mid west lol,

Matilda

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
We just had a delicious lunch at Green Jack Tar in Playa Dorado. Pm me if you need details.

Maxie143

Jun 3, 2010
I could probably help out with Costambar too, but I betcha Criss will do a great job. I would like to give Residence Atlantic One some credit as well as Solo Mio and Minervas. If Criss doesn't cover these places, I would be more than happy to help. Visiting in 27 days!

I can help with Costambar.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I could probably help out with Costambar too, but I betcha Criss will do a great job. I would like to give Residence Atlantic One some credit as well as Solo Mio and Minervas. If Criss doesn't cover these places, I would be more than happy to help. Visiting in 27 days!

Chris only knows BlackBeards.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
How about my friend Diane Pellerin and her suncampdr. It is a wonderful volunteer base, with very low prices for those who really wish to do volunteer work. She isn't one of those who charge thousands of dollars for volunteers. There is also Project Esperanza for volunteering in this area of Munoz. Both of these are mostly geared toward the Haitians. Get in touch withLindsey Kaufman and check out her volunteering work also to add to your guide.
Der Fish

Unfortunately it doesn't ask for volunteering places otherwise they would all be in there.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks all those for offering to help. I have the PDF of the guide now, but the company are splitting it up into sections for me as I can't do it due to the protection they have put on it. They should get it back to me early next week so I will send you your bits then.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have almost the whole country covered, due to lots of help, but still have no one who can help me with Santiago which I don't know at all. Any offers please?

Matilda

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hillbilly of course for Santiago or maybe Pichardo, if they have the time. If there's anything in Cotui area let me know.