Hi all

A

Ariot

Hi, I am a new member. I don't live in DR but each year I am there for many reasons: shooting clip, I am tryng to open a free school of art in Sosua, with an hospital for childreen, with the help of italian friends (doctors, musicians and artists in general). I believe that in poor country, art helps people to discover that even if you have no money, you have something valuable that tourists can not buy: your expressive ability and your sensitivity. So no one should feel inferior to anyone. Sorry for my english

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Ariot, Welcome to dr1.........
Wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors here.............
The children can always use more benefactors...........

B in Santiago

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out teaching art at one of the extended-day public schools in Puerto Plata. Would be a start. They are in need of art teachers. I would just show up and speak to the directors of the schools to see where you could get involved.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Hi, I am a new member. I don't live in DR but each year I am there for many reasons: shooting clip, I am tryng to open a free school of art in Sosua, with an hospital for childreen, with the help of italian friends (doctors, musicians and artists in general). I believe that in poor country, art helps people to discover that even if you have no money, you have something valuable that tourists can not buy: your expressive ability and your sensitivity. So no one should feel inferior to anyone. Sorry for my english

I am confused by the meaning of your last paragraph.. "what do you mean tourists can't buy".. " no one should feel inferior".. Are you saying the tourists make the local poor feel inferior? Or that somehow the tourists are exploiting the poor? I think its great you want to help people..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How WONDERFUL!!!!!
Best of luck!
There are MANY here on DR1 who live on the North Shore, maybe they can help you with your project???????
Please tell us MORE!!!!!
Cris

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Benefactor Gone

(...) I am tryng to open a free school of art in Sosua, with an hospital for childreen, with the help of italian friends (doctors, musicians and artists in general).

Ciao amigo,
Your timing is a bit unfortunate as an Italian artist and benefactor in Sos?a has just been deported... :rolleyes:
I am sure he could have told you how the knots are tied here.
But well, others remain. ;)

I wish you all the best.

donP

P.S.:
BTW, I like your wording "artists in general"....