Santiago airport and checked bags

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Went to pick my wife up at STI at 22.40 yesterday. Long trip Delta GVA-Amsterdam-JFK-STI. 800 ?.
Good suprise as she left. Allowance is 2 23 kg bags and no need to pick them up in the US.
Bad suprise as she arrives, as the bags havent. I find a delta operator and rant and rave ( one of my many skills:cheeky:).
She phones JFK. They will be here tomorrow at 12.30, they have been set aside for inspection at TSA.

Wife all worried. She says I told her to say "no" to all questions on TSA formula. I told her I had said to not pack anything that would have u cross a "yes". Subtil diffrence. Oh I didnt u derstand correctly......... great.

Pick the bags up at STI today. Back home. Open first case. Letter from TSA sayimg they had inspected the bag.
Open second case. No letter, hasnt been inspected.
In the second case there was 4kg of cheese ( of course french non pasteurised cheese...), 5 bottles of wine, 2kg of "noix", 1kg of mirabelle fresh fruit, a bottle of pear alcool, flower stems from parents garden........

TSA choose the wrong bag to inspect !!!!!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1. i was right about NOT FLYING THROUGH AMERICA.
2. mirabelle plums is a whole new level of INSANE. i approve.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Last week I flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Punta Cana on Jet Blue. I paid $30 for more leg room at the seat, and they had promised special priority screening by TSA. I go to the security area and show my ticket to the girl, she sends me to a special line with almost no people in it. There is a sign that says do not take off your shoes, belt, or take your laptop out and put it in a tray like usual. I ask the agent if I should empty my pockets. He says no, just go through the metal detector. It goes off of course, and another guy waves me through.

I guess they figure the terrorist's would not pay the $30 extra.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
well, 800 is a good price

my daughter's flight - Thomson, London to POP in Nov was over 900.

I never get that lucky at inspection
came back from Italy with salami and cheese..... gone at the US entry

Aug 6, 2006
I have never paid extra on MIA-SDQ, but on three out of four trips I was also sent to the speed line: no shoe removal, much less hassle. I suspect that if you travel a lot to the same places, they figure you are not a risk. Or it could be that I do not fit the profile (retired Anglo American).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you can get that treatment as a gift from the airline or by having Global Entry and registering.

works better on domestic flights

malko

Jan 12, 2013
The only thing that was gone was 4 packets of dominican M cigarettes, we prefer the swiss make of same brand......( so it was leftovers...)

Years ago, when we used to bring lots of stuff for inlaws, one of my bags was "visited", they took out a brand pair of running shoes...... ( visited in madrid we think.....). Anyway, my wife had packed all the left shoes in one case and the right shoes in another !!!!

So tonight it's raclette ( for people of haute-savoie), on the new raclette machine. Salad with cernaux nuts. Mirabelles and fresh cream for dessert.
Corsican ros? wine........ thanks TSA:bunny:

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Last week I flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Punta Cana on Jet Blue. I paid $30 for more leg room at the seat, and they had promised special priority screening by TSA. I go to the security area and show my ticket to the girl, she sends me to a special line with almost no people in it. There is a sign that says do not take off your shoes, belt, or take your laptop out and put it in a tray like usual. I ask the agent if I should empty my pockets. He says no, just go through the metal detector. It goes off of course, and another guy waves me through.

I guess they figure the terrorist's would not pay the $30 extra.

My parents at the check in, wanted to pay 120$ (or chf ), for more room/upgrade something or other, on the transatlantic part of the flight....... my wife refused, says my parents spoil her too much. The airline gave her the upgrade anyway...... so pretty cool.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My parents at the check in, wanted to pay 120$ (or chf ), for more room/upgrade something or other, on the transatlantic part of the flight....... my wife refused, says my parents spoil her too much. The airline gave her the upgrade anyway...... so pretty cool.

returning to UK one time.... my daughter called and asked how much
she wouldn't pay it..... nor would I

I took her early to the airport.... she went up and asked if anything was available...
(24yrs old, looks like her mother)
sorry --- No

despondent, she took her place in the long line

when she got there, the girl smiled and processed the upgrade.....FREE

Lie down bed, shower and massage at Heathrow before work....

she's spoiled for life now