new ole to open in boca chica tomorrow

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Well it seems that the new Ole will open tomorrow, makes our lives easier, those of us that lives in the area. The local supermarkets did nothing but ripped you off with their prices, now we have a viable options right in central boca chica instead of in la caleta, a homerun if you ask me. Hopefully they will realize the demographics of their clientele, and have the products we crave, instead of catering to the Dominican population, we shall see. I am excited, lots of great things happening in boca chica, soon to resume its spot in the country, regardless of what the naysayers, which are many have to say.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If OLE doesn't cater to the Dominican Population, they will be having a Going-Out-Of-Business sale next month!!!!!!
There are not enough Expats to make any difference.
We are just a bunch of pimples on the DR's BUTT!

Now when I go to Boca Chica, I can get groceries, AND a Blow Job!!!!!
One stop shopping!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yayow, how much real estate do you own in BC????????

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Ol? at the beach

I thought it was going to be a Sirena when the construction was about half done. Ole is not that different really. I agree with Cris Colon that a business that size can't possibly sustain itself on the foreign resident market. It's no more realistic than a Walmart in the US or a Carrefour in France successfully devoting most its shelf space to sopita, pl?tanos, and bacalao.

Coming from Santo Domingo turn right at the traffic light going towards the beach. It's one block down on your right hand side, you can't miss it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominicans don't DO diversity!
They, eat, drink,play,talk,dress, etc. the same way EVERY F*#King DAY!
How much Rice & Beans can a person EAT???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mysterious

Nov 4, 2012

so true, i'm baking beta bread home cause i searched everywhere but never been able to find anything similar

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Criss, you say'n they make a special plate for you at home?
I demand that yucca and plantains are only one ingredient to something I'll eat.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
BC Ole, is probably more for the Doms headed east, living in Juan Dolio and San Pedro. Smart move.
We had Ole in Villa Mella and it changed to La Sirena. I liked Ole more for groceries.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Good PITA bread available here in SD!!!!!!
MANY Lebonese have lived here for decades!!!!!
They have a food festival every year!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mysterious

Nov 4, 2012
i heard about some restaurants and supermarkets but i live in Boca Chica and my time in SD is limited beside transportation is very difficult but i've been learning a lot recently :)

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
To the OP, Ole is a "Dominican" supermarket.:) This is where the majority of the poor do their shopping. It's cheaper than other supermarkets.

You will not find many foreign products (variety) except for dry cereal (check dates, some are stale)
some dried fruit, canned tuna, salmon, etc.

Check the dates when there's a sale as some items expire within days.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Actually Bronzy OLE is NOT cheaper than the Upscale Super markets!
I shop them ALL.
I KNOW.
OLE takes advantage of the fact that the poor who shop there have no idea what anything should cost.
The quality of meats & produce is terrible!
The home goods they sell are also of poor quality, and priced to high as well.
I know you don't shop there, or any other DR super market either, for that matter!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Been there lots of times. Their prices are cheaper than Nacional or La Sirena on almost all their products.. I''m referring to the food not home goods.

Yes, I know their meat selections are terrible and so are their cold cuts.

What is good to get are the produce. (fruits and vegetables)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
To the OP, Ole is a "Dominican" supermarket.:) This is where the majority of the poor do their shopping. It's cheaper than other supermarkets.

You will not find many foreign products (variety) except for dry cereal (check dates, some are stale)
some dried fruit, canned tuna, salmon, etc.

Check the dates when there's a sale as some items expire within days.
I don't know why you put Dominican in quotes. The chain is owned by the Lomba family, doesn't get any more Dominican than that.