Santo Domingo Hotels

T

Tony

I'll be visiting SD on business in the near future. I'd like the latest on which hotels allow "guests" in your room. I'm single and not looking for professionals. But hey I may get lucky. I used to stay at Jaragua, Melia, or Intercontinental. Maybe theres something nice in the colonial zone? Any suggestions on good clubs would be appreciated.

L

Loren

Club suggestion

I enjoyed Jet Set, but then I was there with my wife so maybe my criteria for enjoyment was a little different. Nevertheless it was a pretty nice joint. I havent made it back in a few trips so I dont know if it has changed any. I didnt see any tourists there when I went.

Guacara Taina is very touristy but maybe that's a plus for you. It certainly is a spectacular facility, worth seeing if you havent been before. Check on what the good nights are though first. They had a couple of dead nights when it wasnt too full.

C

criss colon

Re: Club suggestion

Don,t go to any club/disco before 12 PM.,dominicans start "late",and end "early"! Criss

E

edwin

You must mean 12 am, right? In Buenos Aires and Barcelona, places don't start really hopping til 1-2 am at least....

Edwin

C

criss colon

Let,s just say "The 12 PM. when it,s dark outside" I don,t want to be mean! tom!

T

Tony

Thanks for the response. I have been to Guacana Taina. It was quite dead the night I was there so I was dissapointed.

T

Tony C.

12 midnight

Actually 12 at night is called 12 midnight and 12 hours later it is refered to as 12 noon

L

Loren

Whatever happened to...

Caf? Atlantico, behind el Nacional supermarket? I heard it was closed for remodeling, then I heard it was sold. Has it reopened? Has it changed? I remember they used to bounce on Mondays.

T

Tony

How about hotels like the santo Domingo, Hispanaola...do they allow "guests".