Buying Beer by the Case

JimmyGibbon

Jun 24, 2010
Hello to all,

Is there a place in the Cabarete area where one can buy beer by the case at a discount? I notice most places
basically sell them by the "each" with really no price difference for buying larger quantities. Thank you kindly
for your suggestions.

Jimmy

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Jimmy,

I have a Presidente Keg that i keep it in the refrigerator next to my bed. No joke. I have a hose that goes from the keg (inside the refrigerator) to a nozzle that i keep on a hook next to my bed. This way, i can stay in bed watching football, and fill up my mug without having to get out of bed. Sometimes i spray the monkey with the beer nozzle from across the room if she stands in front of the TV--blocking my football game. I have no problem saturating her thoroughly if she blocks a good football drive.

In order to get the Presidente keg, however, you need a restaurant license and a Presidente beer account. With an account, you can order a keg a week if you want.

Frank

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
Hello to all,

Is there a place in the Cabarete area where one can buy beer by the case at a discount? I notice most places
basically sell them by the "each" with really no price difference for buying larger quantities. Thank you kindly
for your suggestions.

Jimmy

Try the distribudor in Sosua Abajo (as you head to the airport - past Terramar, then just after the light in Sosua Abajo on the left - typically lots of beer cases sitting outside). They seem to have pretty decent prices when buying by the case. They also carry spirits, water, soft drinks/soda.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Are you saying that your friendly neighbourhood colmado does not sell the 24's?
Outrageous.
Perhaps you need to get out of the centre of town.
I always bought my cases of 24 (Presidente) at the colmado.

JimmyGibbon

Jun 24, 2010
Hey Frank,

LOL!!! We're heading down Nov 1st through March 31st this year. Can't wait to see you again. Hope that all is well with you!!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
How do I get a restaurant license? Do I have to have a restaurant to get one? I can slap an open sign on my bar down by the pool if that counts!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Well how do I get one of those!!!!!????? Can I just register a business, say Drunken Six's Drunkery, and that's that?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you may need a company to get it.... the truck will deliver

just make a deal locally..... case purchase special

MauriceNS

Jun 2, 2014
So as the OP asked, is there a way to get discounted case without the restaurant license, or tax ID? And what kind of discount are we talking. Everywhere I buy in the store seems to be about 60-70 pesos each....no discount that I've seen for buying in bulk. I'd be happy to know of any place where I could buy cases at a decent discount.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I cant believe no one said Janets. They sell cases cheaper than the distributor in Sosua Abajo......just go in and ask for a case in 'carton' so they put it it an cardboard box and you don't have to put a 100 peso deposit (non refundable) for the green case....but if you want the green case its only 100 pesos......
Most of the colmados in Cabarete buy from them too......

You save around 100-200 pesos for a case over buying separately.....

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
Thats a really good price. I have an account with presidente and pay almost 65 pesos more per case.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
There is no such thing as discounted beer in the DR , the prices they charge are way out of line, that's why it's so hard to make a buck selling beer . You can buy presidente cheaper in the US then here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is no such thing as discounted beer in the DR , the prices they charge are way out of line, that's why it's so hard to make a buck selling beer . You can buy presidente cheaper in the US then here.

It's called sin tax.