New Exhibit At Case de Arte In Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

On Friday September 19 the art exhibition at Casa de Arte (Culture House) was inaugurated by Mayor Ilana Neumann of Sos?a. The exhibition of colorful paintings portray the cosmos, the starry sky. For a moment there was some confusion among the attendees because the artist Leo D?az did not seem to be present. But a moment later Leo appeared in a beautifully recreated NASA spacesuit with 50 stars. Attendees, including many dignitaries and foreigners, welcomed him warmly when Leo dropped his space helmet and thus made its presence known.

With a drink in hand, the audience listened to the speeches of the various speakers. First it was Ilana Neumann, next Adolfo Faringthon (director of Casa de Arte), Mois?s Mu?iz (Member of the writing collective Sos?a) and ?scar Zazo (author of prose works, living in Santiago). All the speakers praised the daring paintings of Leo D?az and loved the originality and splendor of the artworks. You can see the work of this remarkable artist this week, every day (closed Sundays) from 9 to 5 at Casa de Arte in Sos?a.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the writing of this article is god damn atrocious. the swedish chef outdone himself.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Its wonderful to see the cultural center of Sosua is alive and well despite the loss of its most important sponsor who was deported for trafficking and promotion of prostitution. At least that is what the Sosua News reported in an article our roving reporter failed to cut and paste. Must have missed that one, eh Ken. Surely you would not be editing out any negative cultural news.

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
thats why i didn't attend, artist Armando casciatti wasn't in attendance, but really he put the other charlatan artist to shame.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
If you think that's bad, you should see the paintings..........

i saw the paintings on guy's website. they are ok. as a person completely void of talents i appreciate such abilities in other people.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
If you think that's bad, you should see the paintings..........

And if you think his paintings are bad, this is how he was dressed. Llana's looking lovely though.

09-23_cosmos_1.jpg

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
i saw the paintings on guy's website. they are ok. as a person completely void of talents i appreciate such abilities in other people.

I'll lend you my box of crayons and I reckon you could make as good a job.

But, art is in the mind of the beholder so "A chacun son gout" as they say.

I found it disappointing.