More than 1,000 heads of cattle died.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I bet some of the carcasses wind up being sold as chop meat or steaks somewhere. It must have taken a lot of poison to kill all those cows, no humans were affected ????

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Could this be for the same reason cattle is being killed every now and then in the area of Pico Duarte. (valle del tetero - Parque Nacional Armando Bermudez)?

It's not allowed to have your cows graze the pastures in the national park, the owners of the cattle do it anyway, and the guardabosques kill the animals. As a retaliation the cattle holders set the forests in the park on fire......

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Did the whole cows die, or just the ?HEADS??????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Round up the pig & chicken farmers in the area and beat the truth out of them!!!!!!!
A few bags of rat poison spread around the pasture??????

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Park Rangers would kill the cattle? wow

Could this be for the same reason cattle is being killed every now and then in the area of Pico Duarte. (valle del tetero - Parque Nacional Armando Bermudez)?

It's not allowed to have your cows graze the pastures in the national park, the owners of the cattle do it anyway, and the guardabosques kill the animals. As a retaliation the cattle holders set the forests in the park on fire......

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Strong Herbizides?

... It must have taken a lot of poison to kill all those cows...

And this is rather strange.

They wrote:
"Seg?n vecinos fueron envenenadas con el qu?mico que acostumbran fumigarla para evitar enfermedades, pero al parecer hubo un error humano, que esperan no vuelva a pasar."

"Fumigar" 1,000 cattle is hardly possible.
Don't they usually drive them through corrals including a bath part with a treatment solution?
The liquid to kill large animals would have to be undiluted...
Something does not add up.

To me, it seems they used strong herbizides on the pasture.

Here they LOVE chemicals.... :bunny:
{"No hace na" }

donP

Aug 6, 2006
Apparently the cattle were given too much of some sort of chemical supplement and they OD'd on it.

I see that they do not name the chemical in this article. What gives with that?

The article claims that the locals rounded up and buried the deceased bovines.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
been there...and i couldnt imagine burying 1000 cattle... backhoes, diesel fuel...$ etc big job...2 days? with proper equipment...
1000 800 lb hefers dead...??? someones in trouble...
and i have never heard of govt doing this... the govt will arrest the cattle...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
thats alot of pesos....men who have cows like that are not soft or e z or broke...

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
been there...and i couldnt imagine burying 1000 cattle... backhoes, diesel fuel...$ etc big job...2 days? with proper equipment...
1000 800 lb hefers dead...??? someones in trouble...
and i have never heard of govt doing this...[B] the govt will arrest the cattle.[/B]..

are you for real, or just taking the mickey?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Yeh,,,cattle locked up and under gov't supervision until this mes$ gets fixed...
30 yrs ago in jamaica,w.i. a neighbor let his cows graze next door on the new neighbors 5000 acre plot that was freshly planted with mango trees... they ate the tops of the trees...killed all of them...
arrested? cows? sold?
what solution do you suggest...
they don't brand their cows either... wonder why?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yeh,,,cattle locked up and under gov't supervision until this mes$ gets fixed...
30 yrs ago in jamaica,w.i. a neighbor let his cows graze next door on the new neighbors 5000 acre plot that was freshly planted with mango trees... they ate the tops of the trees...killed all of them...
arrested? cows? sold?
what solution do you suggest...
they don't brand their cows either... wonder why?

Is English your native language?

JD, ever see stream of consciousness thinking put to print before? Now you have.