Music Festival Cabarete Sept 27/28

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
There is an ad in " La Playa " Magazine promoting a 2 day music fest this weekend with several performers.

The following is a link to the website http://caribbeanlimit.com/

Here is part of the ad but was wondering if you have to pay to drop by and listen for an hour or so without buying a ticket for a full day including food.

Caribbean Limit Music Festival 27-28th September 2014!

For the first time on the North Coast, Parada El Choco retaurant hosts a full Weekend Music Festival. With bands and musicians from Switzerland, Canada, USA and The Dominican Republic it promises to be a showstopper weekend! Two full days of entertainment, from 3pm Saturday ? 8hours of non-stop music from Rock, Pop to Folk, Latin and Jazz, there?s something for everyone.

Sunday starts at 10am with Music and Breakfast and it just goes on for the day. Enjoy great music from top artists, visit the Davidoff ?Cigar & Rum Lounge?, The ?Prosecco Lounge? or splash out and enjoy ?The VIP Backstage Lounge?.

To keep you fed there is Italian Gourmet chef dining in the Chalet, full A-La-Carte menus in the main restaurant as well as a host of snacks available throughout the day. You just cannot afford miss this ?First Time Event!?

Ticket prices: 1 Day ? 800pesos. 2 Day ? 1300pesos for VIP Ticket add 300pesos.
Full details of Artists ? Sponsors ? Contact details just go to ? www.caribbeanlimit.com

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please pay for a ticket. It is how we get paid. The DRopouts are playing along with a wide selection of other groups. This is a BIG event for our area and should be a great time.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's an unfortunate choice of a date, seeing there is a free merengue festival in POP as well :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would never attend dominican music anything but potentially some folks who might have come to see this show will go to POP because merengue festival is also a mega street party.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i would never attend dominican music anything but potentially some folks who might have come to see this show will go to POP because merengue festival is also a mega street party.

No fan of guitar merengue here. But I will already be busy that day and on Sunday as well!

It is possible that people might be drawn away from Sosua and Cabarete to go to Puerto Plata. And they are entitled to go and see the same music they can see all year long in Puerto Plata if they feel so inclined becuase of the large party. I suppose it could hurt attendance at Carribeanlimit.

The Caribbeanlimit Festival is something unique and never done before in the DR.