Which delivery company good from USA or has you using it

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Encargopac is one of the companies delivering from usa . Anyone recommend this Comany or another for a delivery to DR ??

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Use Encargopaq all the time. I used to use EPS and Vimenpaq before and now I don't.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
EncargoPaq is 100 pesos for whatever regular mail comes to your account for the week, I letter, or a bunch of letters, even magazines...but they don't notify you, you have to call or stop by the office to see if you have mail.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
They have charged me 167 pesos each for the last 5 items I have rec'd. Maybe I should contact the central office and report it?
Der Fish

167 Pesos per pound is the minimum charge for packages under or equal 1 pound.

100 pesos is for a letter or magazine.

Used EPS and Vimenpaq for several years. Overpaid thousands of Pesos for shipping.

Happy with EncargoPaq

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Use Encargopaq all the time. I used to use EPS and Vimenpaq before and now I don't.

I really got whallopped with the charges at Vimenpaq last time. The package was just over two pounds and so they charged me for three and it was over $3000 pesos!

And now I see that Encargopaq is bringing it to my DOOR for $3.80 a pound? Do they call you to see if you are home? Do they send you an email? How does it work?

I have used Vimenpaq for years and I think that the rates have been creeping up. Now on their webpage it gives a cost calculator but from China. What;s up with that? Guess a lot of folks ship from China. But for me it is mostly just Amazon. I have always liked them since they send me an email when the package arrives in Miami and another when it is here in SD but I have to go and pick it up.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
ok found the office here in SD which is somewhere out in SD este so they have to definitely come to me. Which means I have to be home since they fixed the porton electrica but maybe or maybe not the "consierge" will be there. And so how does this all work.

Scary to think of losing a package of clothes that i found on sale and spent like 6 hours picking out and sorting through to get the basket down to under $200.

Feb 7, 2007
I use picknsend, first pound at 160, each other pound at 140 pesos. Letter or magazine at 50 pesos. They let me sort through mail so I do not "claim" junk mail, I just leave it in the pile and let them deal with it. If they somehow point it out I say I don't have enough money with me and will pick it up later (a/k/a never).
Edit: Each franchisee has a different policy so check first.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Annie I use Encargo pak now, normally receive an email when it arrives in Miami, then another when its shipped to SD. They don't always call before they come, but normally. No idea what happens when your not home, would imagine that they try another day, as I pay at delivery, 167rd per lb or fraction. then another email that its been delivered. no idea on letters.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I really got whallopped with the charges at Vimenpaq last time. The package was just over two pounds and so they charged me for three and it was over $3000 pesos!

And now I see that Encargopaq is bringing it to my DOOR for $3.80 a pound? Do they call you to see if you are home? Do they send you an email? How does it work?

I have used Vimenpaq for years and I think that the rates have been creeping up. Now on their webpage it gives a cost calculator but from China. What;s up with that? Guess a lot of folks ship from China. But for me it is mostly just Amazon. I have always liked them since they send me an email when the package arrives in Miami and another when it is here in SD but I have to go and pick it up.

I track where the package is on line at the Encargopaq site and via emails from and to them. And they are good at responding. They show when it arrives in Miami, when it is in Santo Domingo and when it is shipped to the local office where you are in the DR. I contact them via email or telephone to find out when they will deliver or to tell them to hold the package for pick up, so you can coordinate delivery with them. If you are not home, they will keep trying.

As others have mentioned, I too overpaid using EPS and Vimenpaq for years until I tried Encargopaq. If they are charging you 167 for an envelope, then that is a problem with a specific office or person that works for them since it should be 100 pesos. I even used them to import a 350 pound generator and they beat the price of all the normal Dominican shippers. Always get a quote for anything heavy. They give you the option to have items over 10 pounds sent by ocean at a lower per pound rate, and as I mentioned for big items, get a quote and see how they do compared to others.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As Yogi Bera said, ?This Thread Is Like Deja Vu all over again!!!!!!!
How many times does everyone have to post the same message???????
They ALL WORK, pick one close to you!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I might have better luck getting a response if I get the company name right. Would someone please tell me where EPS is located in Sosua?

Thx