Podiatrist

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Any one know of a good Podiatrist in the Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete area? I managed to screw up toe nail (basically ripped the sucker 90% off including most of the nail bed)

thanks

Bob K

I was told Online to not cut the toenail which I was doing up until last month. I will keep
Soaking it... I don't like going to dr's especially not for some dumb infected toenail so
I am stubborn!!

I have some fungus type stuff I bought in Canada last time
I was there that I actually have not tried... ( not the sharpest knife in the drawer). I also have Plantar so I so need to see a foot doc...

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
They usually attach the sole of foot right at the edge where the callus forms and that thick layer of skin makes it very difficult to remove.

Long ago, when my 42 year old son was an infant, I picked up one in the hospital when he was born. It was surgically removed, and to this day I have issues with callus formation over the scar.

Jan 17, 2009
About 6 years ago, I had a plantar wart (inverted wart) and I was told to go see a dermatologist (some doctor in Santiago told me that in the DRonly dermatologist would remove it. I went to one in Corominas and I promise you, if it happens to me again, I'd rather fly back to the US and get it treated here than what I went through when this doctor burned it. This was my third plantar wart and had never suffered so much during removal.

I was told Online to not cut the toenail which I was doing up until last month. I will keep
Soaking it... I don't like going to dr's especially not for some dumb infected toenail so
I am stubborn!!

I have some fungus type stuff I bought in Canada last time
I was there that I actually have not tried... ( not the sharpest knife in the drawer). I also have Plantar so I so need to see a foot doc...

CharlieD

Dec 30, 2016
Anyone have a number of a podiatrist in Sosua Cabarete or Puerta Plata?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgolak

Dec 8, 2017
PODIATRIST NEEDED

Anyone have a number of a podiatrist in Sosua Cabarete or Puerto Plata? Thanks

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Still looking for a POP Podiatrist

So the googalizer brought me to the above Podiatrist search. I hope these two posters aren't still limping around?

NEEDED: Puerto Plata Podiatrist. I need to walk in and get cut open. Bad bone spur and I need it gone asap.
Thanks

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have never seen a reference to a podiatrist anywhere on the north coast, sorry. I also looked for one in vain.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Any one know of a good Podiatrist in the Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete area? I managed to screw up toe nail (basically ripped the sucker 90% off including most of the nail bed)

thanks

Bob K
Actually, it would be great it someone can add suggested podiatrists from anywhere in the DR to the medical professionals list in the residents' forum. William, do you know any? Thanks.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

i've never been to HOMS in Santiago, would it be reasonable to think I might be able to get there in the morning and get bone spur surgery the same day? Or is that crazy thinking?

Thanks