Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone have Actual Experience with new Model Prisons?

Does anyone have actual experience with the new Model Prisons? Are the claims that food, water, beds, bedding, clothes, etc. are provided to the inmates true, or is it a lie?

I have family in La Victoria (old style prison) - no food, water, bed, etc. provided. Police corruption and extortion is 100% throughout.

We may try to move our family member to one of the Model Prisons if the conditions are actually better and not just lie as unfortunately so many things here tend to be ...

Thank you in advance for any insights or experience you may have.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

A close family member visits the Moca facility regularly.

From what I've been told, it's a far cry from Victoria, but the worst of the worst weren't stored there, mainly non-violent drug dealers and such. If your friend was violent, it may be difficult to transfer there.

Clean and neat, they make items to sell, have a small colmado & garden area.

But it's still prison.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

we did regular deliveries to POP prison so probably not all the basics were covered (medicine, cleaning). supposedly that is a model prison. seems like it's fairly easy to break free from, thou. something to consider, eh?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

If your friend can be transferred to a model prison, will feel has arrived in heaven coming from hell. Had a high school classmate who did two years in Najayo Womens. She always referred to it as "the resort." The understanding I have is that it would be comparable in austerity to a religious retreat. My friend taught English and kept busy until getting out half way through her sentence. From what I understand inmates are provided with basics in the understanding that all inmates are equal.

Read more about them here:
    http://www.pgr.gob.do/Portal/Fernand...-libertad.ashx

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean the DR has a prison just for ¨MODELS¨??????????
    I want in!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

6. Dislikes torontiago disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's much better than the old system. If you can get approval to get them transferred, do. It's still a prison in a third world country but conditions are much better, there's less corruption and blackmail (note I say less and not no) and they usually get 3 ok meals a day. And no, I havent been in prison.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with firsthand experience here? You can PM me I won't tell.

9. Likes barker1964 liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

CC thanks for the reply. I am sure the conjugal visits helped.