Dislocated shoulder.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
On going chinkungunya and now I think I have dislocated shoulder. I don't have pain but I do have slight discomfort. i do hear grinding sound whenever move my shoulder to specific spot. :(

Any recommended English spoken doctor in Santiago?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you had a fully dislocated shoulder you would know. I've had many. It hurts like hell, and when it pops back in , although painful is such a relief. Perhaps you have a should sprain or partial dis-location. Most of the orthopedic surgeons at both HOMS and Union Medical speak English. CB or Hillbilly will be along shortly to give you a doctor's name.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
This is first for me.

Except the bad accident long ago, I had never had any of bone or joint problem.
I guess I am going HOMS tomorrow for an appointment and doughnuts and coffee

Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I NEVER had a shoulder PROBLEM until after Chikungunyu!!!!!!!
Now my right shoulder hurts a lot, dull, constant pain, and the same ?Grinding? you describe.
I take 6 to 800 mg, of ibuprofen every 6 to 8 hours, which reminds me, because keying on my notebook makes it worse, time for my ?FIX!!!
I'm hoping it goes AWAY!!!!
SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
All the way back to Korea for some ?Donuts??????????????????????

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
That grinding in the shoulder if it is close to a clicking sound may very well be Arthritis.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
As someone that has had multiple shoulder operations on both shoulders, the only way to confirm the issue is with an MRI and/or CAT Scan. For your reading pleasure: Shoulder Anatomy | eorthopod.com

The Chikungunyu virus has settled into the area where you probably have mild arthritis or inflammation already.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Sounds like good ol' chicken gunya.

I had the shoulder pain for about three months but now just about gone.
The knees are back to normal and the ankle is now useable.
Just waiting for the right hip pain to go away completely and that's since more than 4 months, but off the painkillers (mostly) now.

It does feel like a grinding, clicking pain and when I think about it, it seems that every injury you've had before comes back for a while. All mine were old sports injuries from years back.

It would be interesting to analyse the length of time to recover compared to ones age.
I've seen kids and people less than 30 get over it in a few days with no lingering symptoms,30 and up can take several weeks and vintage folks like me with lots of old damage seem to need much,much longer to fully recover.

Painkillers and patience.....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you dislocate a shoulder, you will have NO doubt it's dislocated. You wouldn't be able to move it enough to hear a grinding sound.

I speak from experience.

Like others have said, might be something else.

Besides, like Dad CB would lament, "Growin' old ain't fer sissies..." ;)

Tape an aspirin on it and go get an X-Ray to make your mind feel better...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I am at HOMS and apparently orthopedics doesn't work in the office on weekends, emergency room only.

I don't know what it is. Although I have joint pains all over, this shoulder now with slight pain, favoring and joint grinding is bothering me. I was going to play few round of golf but I guess answer is no for now.

I guess advil is my fren once again.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
I am at HOMS and apparently orthopedics doesn't work in the office on weekends, emergency room only.

I don't know what it is. Although I have joint pains all over, this shoulder now with slight pain, favoring and joint grinding is bothering me. I was going to play few round of golf but I guess answer is no for now.

I guess advil is my fren once again.

No worries Koreano............sounds to me with grinding, could be rubbing of bone on bone........arthritis. From what you said, doesn't at all sound like shoulder dislocation. For pain, I would put ice on few times a day and maybe take some arthritic inflammation med over counter. Take care.