I need to ship a car FROM DR

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Like the title says, i need some information on the best/cheapest way to ship a car from DR into the united states.
The car in question is a 43 year old Nova originally built in the united states and exported to DR sometime in its life. I did some reading and saw that cars 25 years or older are expemt from most usa import laws ( thus why r32 skylines are being imported now).

I would like to know how much shipping would cost( and how to do it) based on:
43 year old car
Weight is around 3400lb
Semi damaged( missing one door and bumper that i hope to fix here, other than that its a fully functuonal car)
Please help and i thank you for your time

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some people would not recognize sarcasm even if it smacked them in a face with a wet fish.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
as an u.s. citizen you can actually bring in whatever you want to... made in u.s.? e z. you pay port fees shipping fees, both ways...transport etc...broker this side and broker that side...have fun all the way to the checkbook..

Aug 6, 2006
The Nova was a fairly good car and it sold pretty well in Mexico. It is a myth that people did not buy it because "NO VA" means "It doesn't go". At the time the Nova was introduced, the high test brand of Pemex gasoline was renamed NOVA as well. The cheap stuff was called "Supermexolina". The word NOVA in Spanish means the same inb Spanish as in English": a bright, newly formed star.

The worst of the Chevies was probably the Vega. It is almost impossible to see one on the street anywhere.

The most unfortunate car name of an American car was the AMC Matador, because the word MATADOR has not been used for the bullfighter since the late 1800's. The bullfighter in the traje de luces is known in Spanish as EL TORERO. Matador in Spanish means "killer". AMC never tried very hard to sell their cars in Latin America.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
maybe post a picture... and i would get all the body work done in d.r. before u ship........

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
more important is the title...
and how many people from la vega can you get in a vega? on any given saturday?