Sosua Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
So I bought some advertising ad on DR1.com to promote our amazing new restaurant in Sosua, La Mesa Verde. As part of that I am able to post about it in the forums.

Rather than posting a new thread every time I have something to announce ? I thought I would create this one single thread to:

- Post our special of the day
- Special events and promotions
- Engage with you guys and gals in Sosua =)

When we have something to update we will post it here. Have a question, post it here. This way I am not spamming up the forum.

We serve:
Breakfast: sandwiches, regular breakfast, bagels, oatmeal, fruit plates, yogurt parfaits and more?
Day foods: wraps, subs, burritos, Dominican plates and a daily special
What else: We are one of the only restaurants with protein shakes and the only restaurant with protein bars and a Juice Cleanse program.

Today, Saturday is BBQ day!!!

- 150 per/plate which includes BBQ chicken and/or pork chops + grilled vegetables, salad, rice or French fries.

As always if you mention that you are from DR1.com your drink is free (soda, juice or water)

View information about the BBQ at Sosua Restaurant - La Mesa Verde or on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/sosuarestaurant

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The die hard sex tourist love anything with the word protein attached to it. I'm sure you will do quite
well in Sosua.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
It's on my walk into town. The menu looks good. I will stop by. Maybe you guys can help me get rid of my big belly? LOL

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
We use a warmed tortilla. Then we load it up white or brown rice, chicken or turkey, grilled green, red and yellow peppers, tomatos, cheese, onions, corn and black beans. Optional side of guacamole =)

I was tinkering with the idea of getting the Panini grill to really melt them lol.

what do u use for a burrito wrap as i have not seen them..

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Thanks again guys and gals. I am going to try to keep on top of releasing promotional plates. Stay tuned... next week I think we will have a taco night.

Also, my restaurant closes fairly early - 9 or 10. We have met so many folks from DR1.com and Facebook living in town that I am thinking of planning something in November for DR1'ers only. Food, drinks, music, mingling. More than anything I am loving all the cool new people from all over the place that we are meeting.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
who makes these tortillas? locals? is that flour available? btw i love em burritos

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Wraps, subs, burritos, and BBQ... And, you deliver! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! Can I put your restaurant on retainer?

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
@Mountain Trout - I look forward to seeing you when you're in town =)

@Dr. Six - Yeassss sir and willing to consider other things that are quick, not fried and that people love... just sling along any recommendations.

@SugarMorena - Thanks darling. When you come to Sosua you have to come by for lunch on me --- how's everything?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Stopped in today and said hi to Brian. Bought two wraps and a sub to bring home for lunch. Had a cerveza while they were being prepared. Had time for two cervezas. :)

The the food was good, reasonably priced. Was disappointed that cjewell wasn't presiding over the operation but it is Sunday after all.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Website looks great, wish I would have known it's opened, I was in Sosua yesterday.

On the menu page of the site you spelled, "Pregunta" wrong:
OL89dZw.png

Best of luck!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Congrats...Turkey Thursday looks awfully tempting... We are planning a "mini" vacation to the North Coast in a couple of weeks. Might have to leave the Capital a day early to catch Turkey Thursday. Good luck....

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
OMG - Thank you for coming by!!!!!! Yes I came back to Toronto a few days ago to deal with some things here with my business here and then I am back down there in a couple of weeks from now. Because my planned return date is around the 3rd week of October, I was thinking to plan a night for drinks with DR1'er for beginning of November =) I have a ton of left over Brugal for cuba libres from our opening party (like galons :S LOL)

I hope to meet you when I get back soon. Brians a great kid - he is really working out to be a great employee =)

Stopped in today and said hi to Brian. Bought two wraps and a sub to bring home for lunch. Had a cerveza while they were being prepared. Had time for two cervezas. :)

The the food was good, reasonably priced. Was disappointed that cjewell wasn't presiding over the operation but it is Sunday after all.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
If you do happen to come by we cook a 18lb turkey fresh, every Thursday. Its like Thanksgiving every Thrusday at our place LOL and becoming popular. Not to many places in town with fresh roasted turkey.

Congrats...Turkey Thursday looks awfully tempting... We are planning a "mini" vacation to the North Coast in a couple of weeks. Might have to leave the Capital a day early to catch Turkey Thursday. Good luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.