motoconchos in your area! what kind are popular

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i know the chinese have been dominating the dom. mkt place with jing jangs etc bikes...but sometimes i have found that when i go to a different area there will be a new model that i havent seen yet...so im asking what is in your area? new... sometimes a sale in boca results in 50-100 new honda's being sold or ja ja...so please tell me what u see new or what is popular and new in your area, thanks.......:D:D:D

Aug 6, 2006
In Barahona the most popular seem to be Loncin and Suzuki 125 cc. There are a large variety of brands, but nearly all the new ones are 150cc or smaller, one cylinder, and made in China. Many motoconcho owners believe their Chinese bikes were made in Japan. I think that is what the dealers tell them, and they rarely notice the MADE CHINA stamped on various parts. There is no public transportation, like city buses in Barahona, so nearly everyone and everything travels by motoconcho: washing machines, propane tanks, refrigerators. I have even seen coffins on the back of motoconchos: whether they were empty o=r full I cannot say.

Aug 6, 2006
From Palmerito, a good 30 minute walk to the market or the Malecon is $50 pesos. The same is charges for one or two people. Shorter trips are less. Barahona is built on a hill, so you go up the hill from the Malecon. Downhill is mostly coasting.

In Juan Dolio, a much smaller town, they charge $100 for a shorter ride. Juan Dolio has no hills,

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
going for a job...ill open up.charge 90 and have my cell waiting for your call...work night and day...make a fortune

Aug 6, 2006
The main perils for a motoconcho are (1) thieves, who will steal your bike. I think pepper spray might be a good accessory, and (2) large, confused stray dogs that get spooked by all the motos and run in front of yours. a 60 lb. dog can easily total a moto.

It is not healthy for the dog, either.