Sosua News On Day 1 Of Festival

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Friday September 26 the Festival Multicultural of Sos?a opened for the fourth year. With cutting the traditional ribbon, Mayor Ilana Neumann gave the go-ahead. The festival took place in the Parque de Flores where a number of booths and a large stage was set up. Many, especially Dominican restaurants from Sos?a, took this opportunity to bring their special dishes of their cuisine to the attention of the public.

Among others, there were restaurant Bologna, T?pico Alberto, Calla Piza and Burrito Hut present. There were also booths where sweets, drinks, and cigars were offered. Most snacks were fairly priced and cost up to 150 pesos. A lot of people showed up and wanted to taste all these delights. The highlight of the evening was the performance of the truly fantastic salsa, merengue and bachata playing band 'El Rey Junior y su Orquesta' from Santo Domingo.

Note: Lots of photos. Go here to see them: Sos?a-News

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Just think how much more success the food booths would be if they held this event during tourist season not in the low season with just a few folks around.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just think how much more success the food booths would be if they held this event during tourist season not in the low season with just a few folks around.

You might say holding this during low season is not the best idea. You could say why not just do it again during high season?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
You might say holding this during low season is not the best idea. You could say why not just do it again during high season?

I was thinking the same thing. Is this thing not about promotion? I would think promotion would work better when the are people to promote too....

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
This event has happened for the past four years or longer. This year it had a more professional feel as everything was under big tent type enclosures. I walked through a few times and there were people there. It was not crowded when I was there. Maybe 7 food booths, plus a music tent but no music when I walked through. It is a good idea...always has been. Thanks to the people and businesses who participated.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
This event has happened for the past four years or longer. This year it had a more professional feel as everything was under big tent type enclosures.

Last year too if I remember well

I walked through a few times and there were people there. It was not crowded when I was there.

very few people compared to last year, when I was there too

Maybe 7 food booths, plus a music tent but no music when I walked through. It is a good idea...always has been. Thanks to the people and businesses who participated.

Seem less than past edition

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With the 2 day festival at El Choco, where I was, the Merengue Festival in Puerto Plata, where I never would be, and the Sosua event which I would have liked to attend if time permitted, the timing was unfortunate.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
With the 2 day festival at El Choco, where I was, the Merengue Festival in Puerto Plata, where I never would be, and the Sosua event which I would have liked to attend if time permitted, the timing was unfortunate.

How was it in El Choco?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How was it in El Choco?

As HR mentioned, not as many people as hoped for the very talented acts that performed and that is unfortunate. The music, food and entertainment was excellent. Just needed more people to enjoy it.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
As HR mentioned, not as many people as hoped for the very talented acts that performed and that is unfortunate. The music, food and entertainment was excellent. Just needed more people to enjoy it.

As mentioned before...these events need to be moved into high season.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
El Choco has a tight schedule of events - they always have live music and excellent food - they do not need promotion on the food festival. I am always enjoy time there ... Octoberfest is soon! You don't want to miss it.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Anyone saw Yiyo Sarante on Sunday in Sosua festival !?

I was too lazy to go in the rain but now regret it, did he turn up ....