Update On Pedro Clisante Closing At Night

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

On September 6, we reported that a number of entrepreneurs complained about the enclosed main street in the evening. Now, a few weeks later it appears that the owners of the restaurants and bars clearly are much more satisfied.

Not only the restaurants put their tables for the guests in the street in the evening, the bars have also started to make use of this great opportunity. Because at the Bermuda Bar, Premium Bar (formerly El Flow) and Merenguebar the tables and chairs are in the street too, and the guests just love it. So at 12 o'clock it is rather busy in the street, although it is still low season. From mid-October more tourists will come to Sos?a and this continues through late March. There is more nightlife in the street, and that makes it more attractive and more fun in the evening in Sos?a.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
From mid-October more tourists will come to Sos?a and this continues through late March. There is more nightlife in the street, and that makes it more attractive and more fun in the evening in Sos?a.

Now if they could just impose a 125LB weight limit on the merchandise, Sosua would be utopia, perhaps a truck scale could be purchased @ auction & installed at Esq. Dr. Rosen @PC?

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
According to SNews the night clubs and discos will have their own chairs and tables on the street in the evening - so the chicas will be waiting on the street for their clients once again. Thats nice!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
According to SNews the night clubs and discos will have their own chairs and tables on the street in the evening - so the chicas will be waiting on the street for their clients once again. Thats nice!

Let us just wait and see what really happens in that regard. Nothing about what the Attorney General desires for the country indicates that will be happening.

Last edited:

Shackmack

Jun 9, 2014
Now if they could just impose a 125LB weight limit on the merchandise, Sosua would be utopia, perhaps a truck scale could be purchased @ auction & installed at Esq. Dr. Rosen @PC?

I say impose a 25 peso / LB penalty over 125 and the money goes to a research grant to help remove the taste of stale **** from Presidente Light

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Let us just wait and see what really happens in that regard. Nothing about what the Attorney General desires for the country indicate that will be happening.

So, arrests in the street will be coming....it gets ugly when that starts happening.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
So, arrests in the street will be coming....it gets ugly when that starts happening.

The families with childrem would love that action - chicas screaming, cops with guns, clients complaining - getting better!

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
I like the events I am seeing. More musical, cultural and maybe even night time carnival type events for the youth would be great.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm still confused as to what people want: pedro clisante to be closed or open? whatever works. i was in sosua on sunday and walked from rocky's to playa alicia passing more hos than i could count. for the first time i actually paid attention to working girls. looks like they adjusted well. lots of families with kids too but it did not look good. at least putas walked on the sidewalk, not in the middle of the road.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
And now the chicas will be allowed to sitt in the chairs in the middle of the street so they can be easily observed by us from both sides of the street. Hopefully children will be watching big screen and not the special "behavior" of the working girls.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Left last night the Central about 11:30 pm. The table in front of the bar had ten ladies sitting and waiting :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
And now the chicas will be allowed to sitt in the chairs in the middle of the street so they can be easily observed by us from both sides of the street. Hopefully children will be watching big screen and not the special "behavior" of the working girls.

parents can just say dominicans are the friendliest nation on earth.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
keep hope alive in sosua. it's a tourist attraction for the tourists....:ninja: