Sending package to DR w/o using EPS, pick n send, etc?

FrankA

Aug 20, 2014
What's the least expensive way to send a new ipad mini to santo domingo without using services like eps?

Aug 6, 2006
I was happy to learn that a birthday card with a few photos arrived in Barahona in three weeks.

So far I have sent four letters and only one did not arrive. It was a slightly oversize greeting card that had one of those musical chips in it. I suspect someone must have thought that the bulge was money or something else valuable and opened it.

I have found that making your letters look boring (normal size envelopes, normal colored ink used for printing the address improves the chances of it arriving.

I had several years of writing someone in Santiago and not a single letter was lost. That was before cellphones and I am sure there were more letters sent back then.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Does anyone ever courier cheques for the DR? Is there a maximun amount per cheque?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
US Post which becomes INPOSDOM in the DR would be the cheapest and least reliable way. Of course how cheap depends upon what duty is charged and nobody can tell you accurately what that will be using that method until you do it. The duty is very likely to be different each time something like that is shipped.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Does anyone ever courier cheques for the DR? Is there a maximun amount per cheque?

courier cost vs wire transfer cost

w/ courier you still have the deposit issue

I can't see any advantage to a courier.

Re-inventing the wheel isn't easy some days

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It goes like this. If you feel lucky one day, send it by regular mail. If not, pay a few dollars more and get it there for sure.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
What's the least expensive way to send a new ipad mini to santo domingo without using services like eps?

If you want it to arrive than don't skimp on the cost of shipping. If you are sending it from the US than send it Fed EX or UPS. Make sure you have a receipt in the package showing cost, hopefully under $200. It will arrive at the address in 2-3 days. A letter might arrive via USPS and the DR postal system but your I Pad might just disappear quicker than you can say David Copperfield.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Hoe ever you decide to send it put as many contact phone #'s on the package. Whens the wedding?

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Whats wrong with sending it via EPS? If distance is an issue she can send her motoconcho boyfriend to pick it up.