28% of pregnant dominicanas are teens

Status
Not open for further replies.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
met one last week or so asked how old she was and it was 18 i asked for cedula! didnt have dropped her at supermkt... think she was wrking but i wasnt interested...sorry...

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
SO who should be having the babies? The over 40 crowd? The female body is made to have babies at about 15 or so years of age. So why not? WHy wait? What will it gain the kids?
Good question.

Answer: It will them time for their intellectual and emotional development to catch up to those bodies. It will give them the financial freedom to pursue higher education and finding their way through legitimate career paths, even if those paths involve developing self-employment opportunities. It's a lot easier to start a business with only one mouth to feed and I don't care what the business is, stringing beads, making bricks or rubbing bunions, if they'd invest in their futures instead of their hair, nails and plucking their eyebrows and started worrying about their futures rather than trying to bag some chulo they would lift up the entire country.

Pope Francis should be handing out condoms, IUD's and birth control pills in the street. What's going on with the teen pregnancy rate there is a travesty and the same sickness in attitude is seen throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. It would only take a single generation to turn this around. A little hope can go a long way.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
funny a condom costs a dollar? where's a dominican kid going to get a dollar from?
and no pope is going to give away future money..

Aug 6, 2006
Actually, before 17, girls are likely to have more problems with childbirth.
The government should provide contraceptives. It would benefit the county in the long run.

Not that I expect this to happen.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Answer: It will them time for their intellectual and emotional development to catch up to those bodies. It will give them the financial freedom to pursue higher education and finding their way through legitimate career paths, even if those paths involve developing self-employment opportunities. It's a lot easier to start a business with only one mouth to feed and I don't care what the business is, stringing beads, making bricks or rubbing bunions, if they'd invest in their futures instead of their hair, nails and plucking their eyebrows and started worrying about their futures rather than trying to bag some chulo they would lift up the entire country.
Are you talking about Dominican Republic? :)

Aug 6, 2006
Hair and nails are major money earners for women in the DR. I would speculate that there are at least two hairdressers for every female college graduate, maybe more.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hair and nails are major money earners for women in the DR. I would speculate that there are at least two hairdressers for every female college graduate, maybe more.
I'm talking about re-branding here. In much of post war Europe and Japan there was a whole lot of poverty to go around and in many of today's "industrialized" countries there was a similar sense of hopelessness and Ho-houses around every corner, very little going on in the way of public education and government services in general. Those governments didn't "clamp down" on vice, they used it to fund industrialization and used the profits from that to fund education and and social development and turned their nations' fortune and the lives of their People around. The emphasis on education and nurturing of the relatively new phenomenon of Women in the workplace doing something besides pouring drinks and entertaining johnsons was key to these successes.

It's not like the D.R. has to invent the wheel, they just have to figure out how to get them affixed onto their sled and turn it into a wagon.

Aug 6, 2006
It would be more helpful if Dominicans thought more like Japanese and Germans. I agree that education is the key. At present, there are not enough qualified teachers. The school day is four hours long. Both Japan and Germany were pretty literate in 1945. Another problem is the sort of stuff that Japan in particular used (cheap toys made from US beer cans) are no longer salable. Japan and Germany had lots of tiny little factories where cheapo stuff was manufactured, almost like handcrafts. Now no one wants that sort of stuff. The Japanese made cheap toys, the Germans made cheap tools.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
28% de las embarazadas del pa?s son adolescentes - listindiario.com

i wonder how many of them ever finish school and manage to get a proper job...

You already know the answer,so the question is redundant.
However I will oblige.
Very few!
If your parents are illiterate, don't work, how much guidance will be provided?
Who is the roll model to copy, how much intellectual stimulation is provided?
The sad lost futures should remind us of how lucky we are!
Don't forget the misstreatment of Dominicans by the international community, who as married spouses cannot even obtain a tourist visa to be with their spouses in the "free world".
While espousing human rights and non-discrimination, our developed countries should be ashamed.
The political propaganda is just that.

May 29, 2006
SO who should be having the babies? The over 40 crowd? The female body is made to have babies at about 15 or so years of age. So why not? WHy wait? What will it gain the kids?

Healthier babies, education, real jobs, fathers who stick around, children who can get better education, more equity for women. There are more than a couple years between 21 and 35. But perhaps it's a moot point when much of the DR doesn't want women to be anything other than baby factories, whores and wives.

May 29, 2006
It says that 30% of Dominican teens will get pregnant. That's prob much better than it was even 20 years ago and less than half of what it was 50 years ago.

Dominicans have already decreased their family size to just over two kids. When they wait until their 20's to have them, it benefits everyone.

Last edited:

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
Actually, before 17, girls are likely to have more problems with childbirth.
The government should provide contraceptives. It would benefit the county in the long run.

Not that I expect this to happen.
It benefits the Oligarchs to keep the population producing children at a young age. There is always a supply of women that foreign men with money are interested in. After a fling in the sack they are prepared to send the chicas some money for her and her children. That money in the economy is spent on goods the Oligarchs own.
This is a good system for the oligarchs, to have women believe they should have babies young because destitution leads to prostitutions. Prostitution leads to easy profits for the oligarchs. A destitute prostitute with children who wants to have everything Jennifer Lopez has. This is a darn good business model.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
It benefits the Oligarchs to keep the population producing children at a young age. There is always a supply of women that foreign men with money are interested in. After a fling in the sack they are prepared to send the chicas some money for her and her children. That money in the economy is spent on goods the Oligarchs own.
This is a good system for the oligarchs, to have women believe they should have babies young because destitution leads to prostitutions. Prostitution leads to easy profits for the oligarchs. A destitute prostitute with children who wants to have everything Jennifer Lopez has. This is a darn good business model.

Do you seriously think that this is what they sit around and discuss at the Capitol?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
SO who should be having the babies? The over 40 crowd? The female body is made to have babies at about 15 or so years of age. So why not? Why wait? What will it gain the kids?

She's 15............
Will get him 15-20...........:nervous:
That's why not.........

B in Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.