Banco Leon taken over by BHD

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Evidently this has not been a smooth transition. A friend reported a three hour wait to get a new card, and then the teller could not read any of the information from her account. She said the Dominicans on line were all really upset and angry. And they are far more patient than I am, that is for sure.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
I made the transition with some problems with the "tarjeta de codigo" and the online banking, but the customer service here in Sosua is great, and they solved all the problems, never had to wait 3 hours for a new card or other...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
No issues at all here in Jarabacoa, other than a slight change in personnel as they combined employees from two banks into one.

Shackmack

Jun 9, 2014
I made the transition with some problems with the "tarjeta de codigo" and the online banking, but the customer service here in Sosua is great, and they solved all the problems, never had to wait 3 hours for a new card or other...

Its a disaster in Sosua. Despite my being pro-active and asking the management if I needed to update any of my accounts they have so far,blocked my debit cards on at least five occasions. I have made four trips to the Sosua office to have my Visa Card unblocked. I was promised a new updated credit card four weeks ago and it has yet to arrive.

I deposited two checks three weeks ago from US Banks, one was small and i suspected no good. BHD immediately informed me there were insufficient funds for the small check ,yet the much larger check, I know to be good has still failed to clear? It was written on the same day in the same city. How is it that they can inform me a check is bad immediately yet they can't credit the good check in three weeks? Its called using the float. It was a great bank and the Sosua office was fabulous... now its kaputo...

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014

Same happened to me in Santiago.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
for my part deposited 2 US check on 22/09/2014 no problem the fund will be available 12 working days later (before the fusion 15 with Leon).

They can inform you immediately because they cash the check immediately, and after you have to wait, while they play with your money !!

Its a disaster in Sosua. Despite my being pro-active and asking the management if I needed to update any of my accounts they have so far,blocked my debit cards on at least five occasions. I have made four trips to the Sosua office to have my Visa Card unblocked. I was promised a new updated credit card four weeks ago and it has yet to arrive.

I deposited two checks three weeks ago from US Banks, one was small and i suspected no good. BHD immediately informed me there were insufficient funds for the small check ,yet the much larger check, I know to be good has still failed to clear? It was written on the same day in the same city. How is it that they can inform me a check is bad immediately yet they can't credit the good check in three weeks? Its called using the float. It was a great bank and the Sosua office was fabulous... now its kaputo...

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Is there any advice to Banco Leon accountholders on how to make the process move more smoothly? Hopefully no accounts start disappearing.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
I am stateside, and cannot access my banco leon internet banking, well i can get to the site but not into my account. they said that i need to go into the branch, or get someone to go in for me to get a new 'passport de claves' whatever that is.

its a bit of a nuisance. I am due to come down in two weeks anyway so i guess i can sort it out then, but its a little annoying right now. cannot check my accounts or anything.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Is it possible that its more a problem for those that were Leon? I've been with BHD for a few years now and have had no problems since the takeover. I was even amazed to find that my automat card still worked after being away for the summer.
They even had to make a new payment book for me but this took only a few minutes to authorise.

And now we have a succursal in Sosua....even better!