Costs of using the shipping agents to send mail etc out of the RD

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
The other day i received a letter from my bank in the UK, MBE had me pay 47$pesos to receive it. OK no complaints, today i replied to my bank again by letter, MBE charged me $pesos 3450. Disgusting!! How do other people send ordinary although important mail out of the country. I have tried Imposdom who charged me $pesos 150 for a letter to Canada, it wasn't ultra important that's why despite the negative reports about Imposdom I risked it. What do you think?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have always used Business Mail. Not sure if it is available to you, however. Last thing I was charged was around 25 pesos to receive a letter. When my outgoing mail to the US is stamped, they charge 65 pesos. If it isn't stamped, again to the US, the charge is around 150 pesos.

Obviously, to mail to the UK would require additional postage, but I would certainly trust the US Postal system over Imposdom. I just make certain that on every trip to the US, I bring some stamps back with me to avoid the additional cost of sending unstamped letters.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Posting It Overseas

Stop using Imposdom.

@Richard
In LT it should not be very difficult to find visitors who'd be willing to take your letter overseas and post it from there.
It has worked for me many times.

donP