you can take the girl out of the barrio..

Jan 9, 2004
they can't, she is a citizen now.entitled to all they welfare and benefits as the rest of us

Actually they can.....but I doubt this administration will. Falsifying documents or lying to obtain, or performing acts with intent to defraud the process are all grounds for a naturalized citizen to be stripped of citizenship.

Sham marriages are quite common....but if immigration were to actually look behind lots of these marriages...a whole lot of Dominicans and thousands from other countries would be in a deportation line.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Actually they can.....but I doubt this administration will. Falsifying documents or lying to obtain, or performing acts with intent to defraud the process are all grounds for a naturalized citizen to be stripped of citizenship.

Sham marriages are quite common....but if immigration were to actually look behind lots of these marriages...a whole lot of Dominicans and thousands from other countries would be in a deportation line.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but...

Does that ever really happen? Not saying I have specific knowledge, but everybody I know in the US lied or intentionally overstayed or didn't declare income. Something that would qualify as fraud. I can't figure it out. It seems like only people who cheat get rewarded.

Now, at work all of the professionals and scientists have those special kind of visas. But just plain old regular immigrant visa, who gets them. Is it possible ever for an able bodied 20 year old to say in fact "I want to immigrate to USA or Canada and work at a low level job as I learn the language and succeed in life and ultimately benefit your country." Is that just a fiery tale.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

MR Playa, FYI all marriages are a sham :)
However, she would have had to pay me more than $8 thousand to marry her, and I would also insist that she get that mole removed from her face.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Quite true.

Jan 9, 2004
seems a harsh penalty.. made harsher because she refused to wear a wire? EXCLUSIVE: Former Assemblywoman Gabriela Rosa refuses offer from U.S. attorney to wear wire, sources say - NY Daily News

against whom, one wonders...

A year and a day is harsh for someone convicted of visa fraud and bankruptcy fraud?

Please tell us what the penalty should be for one who is in a position that represents the public trust...and so callously disregards US law.

She should also get a free one way Wednesday trip to Las Americas...right after they strip her of her citizenship. Time to start setting some high profile examples.....or even immigration reform will be meaningless.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
A year and a day is harsh for someone convicted of visa fraud and bankruptcy fraud?

Please tell us what the penalty should be for one who is in a position that represents the public trust...and so callously disregards US law.

She should also get a free one way Wednesday trip to Las Americas...right after they strip her of her citizenship. Time to start setting some high profile examples.....or even immigration reform will be meaningless.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

A possible future Republican government may pass new legislation for immigration reform.
I seriously doubt the percentage marriage of fraud will be decreased by that administration.
The soon to be caucasian minority may be eligible to special rights and benefits under an Republican administration, which will be helpful.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/u...half-of-births-in-us.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
they should DOUBLE the fines and sentences of elected officials....as a strict rule... and impose a mandatory surcharge......
violating public trust etc...

Aug 6, 2006
If the government wants to make a statement about how it will not tolerate phoney marriage fraud, it has to deport this woman and revoke her citizenship.

She seems to be a player and a parasite and I do not believe that we really need her in this country.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Unfortunately we should stick to the law and not conjecture. It is much too easy to speculate and guess. A conviction and some of the represented facts should be ok. Good luck to the speculators not the spectators.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
So I am still unclear on one thing. Is it possible to strip a naturalized citizen of her citizenship? Does this ever actually happen, if possible.

Jan 9, 2004
So I am still unclear on one thing. Is it possible to strip a naturalized citizen of her citizenship? Does this ever actually happen, if possible.

Yes and Yes......

There are a number of grounds that can lead to denaturalization. This is the most common;

Grounds for Denaturalization Falsification or Concealment of Relevant Facts: You must be absolutely truthful when filling out paperwork and answering interview questions related to the naturalization application process. Even if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) fails to recognize any lies or omissions at first, the agency may file a denaturalization action against you after citizenship has been granted. Examples include failure to disclose criminal activities or lying about one's real name or identity.

Lots of denaturalizations....most do not make headlines....except in the cases of Nazi collaborators who lied and entered the US after WWII.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2