Meaning

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Te tengo pendiente ( what is the meaning ). Literal is you have pending. Is this a phrase.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Te tengo pendiente ( what is the meaning ). Literal is you have pending. Is this a phrase.

You have to provide the sentence on which the said phrase was used, in order to provide you with a proper meaning within the said context it was used on.

It can mean many things or one thing depending on how it's used.

Jul 28, 2008
I agree with Bob Saunders above. I have a good friend in the DR who always uses it to mean "I am thinking about you" or "I have you on my mind."

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Tango..... you have a novia, it seems....at least an admirer
must be the wheels.......hehehe

or are you saying this phrase?
Noooo, I don't think so............

Aug 6, 2006
I can't agree that no Spaniard would use this expression. It is commonly used in Mexico and Argentina, I am not a Spaniard and have no Spaniard handy, but it sounds like a perfectly normal sentence to me.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
If you agreed something beforehand, it might mean that he/she is working on or thinking about whatever was agreed between the both of you..

It is mainly used for something that was agreed a while ago, but as many have said, it can mean a lot of things depending on the context in which it was said.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
[video=youtube;OMOGaugKpzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

lol.
Run for the hills.

Aug 6, 2006
Wouldn't it mean I am going to hang you? Or "I have you hanging?"

No. To hang a person is ahorcar. pendiente refers to figurative hanging, keeping something waiting.

To hang up, as you would wet laundry or a telephone, is colgar.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I hear it used to say "I am thinking about you" or "You are on my mind" - either way pleasant, unless it is a sycho ex-novia you are trying to get rid of..... !!!??? lol

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Depend on you body language; for example if you put a phrase in front of it,like Mi amor, now if you point a finger or otherwise te tengo pendiente. That will be a different story. lol

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

It depends! Do you have some business or issue pending with this person? If so, what he or she means is that they haven't forgotten about it. If there's something you ordered or inquired about, they want you to know they're still working on it or have the intention to get your issue solved.

As others have posted, it could also be a friendly or even romantic remark, meaning that this person thinks of you often.