Where are the women???

J

JohnS

A quick, albeit unscientific, investigation into the representation of this and that gender on this board reveals a gross (gross???) domination of men!? So where are all the chicks?

I thought women were the ones known for their communication skills (and needs!) rather than men!? Or is it this anonymous form of communication that keep women away? The lack of a personal touch? I dunno? Kinda sad though!

By the way, why do I get the feeling that this board is primarily used by ?expats? rather than ?natives?? Could it be a sense of alienation in spite of the positive attitude displayed by so many people??? Or???

B

Brenda

I AM A WOMAN :) The reason that you do not see many Dominicans corresponding on the message board is because not very many of them have telephones, never mind having computers.Most DOminicans use cell phones or beepers.

J

JohnS

Ah, a woman! How sweet! More of that, please! :)

"Oh, Brenda
Your genda
Make my head spin

A smile from your lips
And my heart you may win..."

Sorry for that horrible rhyme, but I got carried away...

As for dominicans, I guess the prefer REAL conversation that sitting in a both in some internetcaf? talking to gringos...

D

Doug

John where did YOU come from???Yes you do sound grumpy and yes your ryhme is terrible!

J

JohnS

Where did I come from??? Is that a straight question or is there some underlying meaning to it that I don't understand?

Sorry about the grumpiness! (And the "rhyme"...) Living in the Asir mountains, bordering on Yemen kinda gets to me sometimes...

Wish I was in Santo Domingo right now, having dinner, some wine, listening to music... It is almost 6PM in DR now, and close to 1AM here...

T

Tarzan

The women are all with me. I can lend you one if you promise not to make any more rhymes up..

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Where are the women, John Henry?

Hey John: Are you a horse that can talk? I knew a horse called John Henry that used to win every race at Arlington Park, ILL. and it won the Breeders Cup, but I didnt know he liked women. Well, the problem with this board is that there are women that have mens names and men that have womens names. For instance, did you know PIB is a woman? Plus, dont worry about the board, here in DR we got some pruuty, pretty babes waiting for hungry Yemenites.hehehe. I know I am going to get from the feminists....ohoh.

P

Pib

Right here!

Woman, Dominican, outspoken, uppity, "shot gun mouth". Do I get any prize?

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Pib,you forgot consumate swinger! *DC*

C

Carol

Hi John

I'm a regular on the board, as is Pib and Trina and Lisette and Susanne.............

Golda we're not sure about.

Carol

J

JohnS

Re: Right here!

Prize? Well, let's discuss that over a bottle of wine, shall we?

J

JohnS

Pib and Trina and Lisette and Susanne and Carol... Hey, now we are starting to get somewhere!

Where I work here in Saudi, there are c.2000 men on the construction site and not one single woman! So I get all the "man to man" talk I need at work! I can use the pleasure of enjoying a woman's view of life every now and again! I am not so sure of PIB's "shot gun mouth" though...

("...pleasure of enjoying..." Was that good english???)

C

Carol

Forgot Jan and Mame

Sorry about that. How could I forget you two!!

Carol

P

Pib

Don't forget:

Dolores, DR1's Webmistress(?) and one of our most valuable posters: Natasha.

>>("...pleasure of enjoying..." Was that good english???) << I can't tell you about it being good English or not, but man, any sentence that includes those two words will really catch my attention!

P

Pib

TW

I wouldn't have thought that Pib is a masculine name, actually it is not even a real name, I borrowed it from my puppy and it should actually be P.I.B. If you guess what it stands for you'll get a prize. How about an autographed picture of Jack Veneno and a bottle of Vino La Fuerza?