italian man drowns on the NC

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I dunno, of all the ways to at the age of 80, drunken swimming in the Caribbean ain't so bad.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
dv8 took over for Don "The Undertaker". Someone has to do it.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
No one gets out of here alive. How many of you will make 80? And die swimming in the warm caribbean? Would you rather be in a hospital bed at the end? No one gets to choose but this sounds good to me although maybe ninety nine is a better number.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
DV8's dark posts serve a purpose for me. They are warning signs: if you do this (fill in the blank) this ( ... ) is what can happen. As a result I drive more defensively and choose where I live more carefully.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
No one gets out of here alive. How many of you will make 80? And die swimming in the warm caribbean? Would you rather be in a hospital bed at the end? No one gets to choose but this sounds good to me although maybe ninety nine is a better number.

Those are some good points.
I do think, however, that the very idea that a photo of my near naked body, in stage rigor mortis, would be splayed across the pages of some two bit publication in some third world country might somehow convince me that it was neither the time nor the place nor the method for me.
Frightful photo and so unkind.

Edited to add....
I have no gripe with dv8 for these types of posts.
Truth be told, I always look.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
I am surprised how many folks have taken my comment above seriously.

===============================================

"- What news of the outside world?

- Terrible, Rabbi!

- Then don't tell me. If I want bad news, I'll read about Noah and the flood. Tell me, Avram, surely somewhere there are good things happening? Can't you buy a paper that prints those things?

- It's not my fault, Rabbi, I only read it."

(Fiddler on the Roof, 1971 film)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I do not know why but in the DR they always print the cadaver pictures. Following the fatal event no one covers the cadaver in the way of most civilized countries. Maybe thats the answer, "civilized countries". At any event there seems to be all sorts of strange ideas about death. Wife told me that one of the reasons they keep the body around and on ice is to be sure the deceased is really deceased. Perhaps Haitian influences, zombies that sort of craziness. At any rate drowning drunk at age 99 following romantic activity on the beach is fine for me be it in the Atlantic or the Carib. And they can post my picture all they want as I will not be seeing it. Unless of course there are Dominican newspapers in heaven.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I am surprised how many folks have taken my comment above seriously.

oh. sorry. i get ghoulish comments so often they all sound legit :)

as far as drowning goes, i don't think it's a particularly pleasant way to go.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I think it is a service to have these posts culled. Somebody may know someone. Thus is after all a forum of expats, mostly.

I was reading this in the train and immediately clicked it closed. I think it would be obscene by my communities standards. Although I used to buy el voters at the corner bodega and they had dead bodies.

And the suspects standing with all the drugs and guns displayed on a table. So much for not prejudicing a jury pool.