i need a job in santo domingo

C

cejay

can someone help me find a job in santo domingo. me and my wife will probaly be moving to the d.r. in december and i need a job? pls help if you know someone? i speak immediate spanish and english is my natural language but i will be going to school full time while i work? charles j. vandergriff

J

JohnS

Who doesn't need a job in Santo Domingo??? Check previous posts!

First of all: the basic question in any country for any job: Why would anybody hire you? What can you offer that nobody else can offer at a lower cost (=salary)

Secondly: You are moving do DR in December??? Meaning NOW? Man, ever heard of planning ahead? (I am also planning on moving to Santo Domingo, but earliest in the spring of 2003! That is why I am checking up on things now!)

Thirdly: I am only curious to know... what is "immediate Spanish"?

Sorry if I sound grumpy and negative but... well, life is the way it is, isn't it?

H

hillbilly

Interesting....

My first impression is that English is your second language. As for Spanish, well I do not know what 'immediate' level really is....you will catch a lot of flack over that.

You say that you are going to study...What are you going to study? Where are you going to study? Why do I have a feeling that you are going to try and "buy" a degree in Medicine here?? Get real...

HB, admittedly being picky and grumpy....

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Attaboy Cejay! Cmon over

Attaboy Cejay: I love your adventurous spirit. There must be something in the air, because recently we have gotten more people wanting to come to DR at a moments notice, without any idea of what DR is all about. Hey Cmon down Brother. You can replace some Dominican who took a boat to Canal de La Mona to be served for main course to the sharks. We have no Anthrax and no Al Qaeda terrorist cells over here. There are no imminent warnigs of terrorist acts on Puente Duarte so far and our tunnels are safe from Osama Bin Laden, but not from motorcyclists without helmets and horse-drawn orange carretas.

We got plenty of jobs. Read my job,jobs,jobs posting today addressed to Jan. People here survive no matter what. Cmon down.
TW and the happy people from santo Domingo

B

Brenda

Pet Peeve about job seekers

When people ask for readers of the board to find a job for them is my pet peeve! The process of finding a job is WORK. Look for websites and Dominican newspapers with classified adds and send your resume just like you would in your own country! Check the archives and you will find lots of websites for job opportunities in the DR. Hell, this board has it's own classified section. Did anyone ever try clicking on THAT link?GRRRRRRRRR Now I feel better. Get A JOB.......GET A LIFE and do your own homework. If I owned a business I wouldn't hire one of the lazy people who call asking on a message board seriously looking for a job! BITCH BITCH BITCH Brenda

D

Doug

Re: Pet Peeve about job seekers

Brenda: I think the ppl are not only just asking here, but asking all over, and I don't think it hurts to ask here on the board. Now if the ppl were just sitting at home and have only asked here for work....than yes I would agree with you, but I just don't think that this is the case, the ppl have been asking everywhere for work, and have just thought to ask here.....probably thinking ....it could'nt hurt

J

Jan

Yes..its a bit dificult when you dont know the country and your way around..and the more friends and help you can get the better of everyone is.maybe someday you may need help also...

B

Brenda

Jan did you check the old postings on this message board yet in the classified section? There are many websites for employment agencies in the DR. Good Luck

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Besides, some of our job seekers provide the most fun threads on this board. That and naive love seekers are our bread of the day.
Remember the famous guy that wanted to come with $30,000 and no job to relocate? That was a historical thread. Then we had that recent naive lover and religious fanatic. Its too much fun.
This board is as good as Telenovelas and David Letterman sometimes.
TW

C

cejay

att: john s , hillbilly, t.w. , brenda, jan

hello this is a response to your reply. 1st of all my wife's family is in society in santo domingo which i"m not looking for a chopo job in santo domingo. my father-n-law is doctor manuel rivas and my mom-n-law is flor de then rivas who owes the boutique flor de liz boutique on romeleo bentacourt ave in santo domingo and my wife uncle is chino villaman who is best friends with hatuey del camps who i"m sure you in d.r. know really good and who will be the next president of the d.r. and if any of your chopo's are in society you may have seen my wedding in the soceity magazines socidad and many more covering my wedding with the guest of entertainment was milly casada so as you can see i'm not some loser just trying to move down to the d.r. and who knows maybe i just get a couple of favors and work for your government. as far as my store it is a children clothing store in santo domingo and i also rent out a store at my father-n-law's building. if you live in santo domingo look at the big big building on romelo betancourt ave and you can't miss it.

S

Stephen Hadley

Re: att: john s , hillbilly, t.w. , brenda, jan

if you are as well connected as you think you are, why are you looking for a job....

P

Pib

When I read Cejay's post I remembered this:

H.L. Mencken describing the prose style of President Warren G. Harding: "He writes the worst English that I have ever encountered. It reminds me of a string of wet sponges; it reminds me of tattered washing on the line; it reminds me of stale bean soup, of college yells, of dogs barking idiotically through endless nights. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish, and crawls insanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doodle. It is balder and dash."

Shakespeare must be glad to be dead.

L

Loren

harding was a sorry president

But he was from Ohio, and in Corn country. Marion, a beautiful town with stately houses that look like they belong in an ivy league suburb rather than a small county seat an hour from any population center.

there is a private manicomio (looney bin) for rich people in Columbus named after him.

L

Loren

CJ, do you know a "Kenneth Merritt?"

If English were your first language, you would know the word to use is "native" not "natural."
"Me and my wife" should be "My wife and I"
"Pls help if you know someone?" (sic) Sounds like you know all these mojones and mojonasos, why on earth would you come to a tourism board for a job with such sterling "connections?" If one were in such a high-falutin family then such an act would be beneath one's dignity, to say the least.
What in the hell is "immediate spanish?"
"Romelo Bentacourt" Should be "Romulo Betancourt"

"Wife uncle" should be "wife's uncle"
"Really good" should be "really well"
"if any of your chopo's are in society" should be "If any of you chopos are in society" - by the way, you can't be "in society" with your language. Such abominations of prose would be inexcusable among polite company.
"Milly casada" is actually "Milly Quesada"
If you have 2 stores, why do you need a job so badly?

This posting has to be a put-on like Jim says, can't be a real person.

C

cejay

answer for stephen hadley

just playing around to see what i can find without the help from soceity but maybe that the way to go. see you in the d.r. for new years partying at the santo domingo country club //by the way, where are you from?????????because hadley is diff. gringo name ---cejay

C

cejay

mr. pib

hey mr. pib sounds like your a english major. good to hear shakespear every now and then. i just love for people to try and explain my natural language to me. i'll remember when i go to the d.r. to tell people how to speak spanish okay --cejay

P

Pib

That would be MASTER Pib for you...

If I were a man, but since I am a lady you can just call me Your Majesty.

"a english major"(sic)? By Jove! I am not, I don't even have formal education in English. A few books here and there and lo and behold I am writing in the language of "shakespear"(sic). I wouldn't dare to try to explain your "natural(sic)" language to you, I would need far too much time, but heck, you just taught me something: a new meaning for "natural" and "inmediate". Please, when you honor us with your presence in "d.r."(sic), our small and humble country, do not try to teach me "spanish"(sic) I already speak it bad enough.

Ok Cejay, you pulled your stunt, gave us a few laughs. Can you now pull your mask and tell us who you really are? :eek:)

J

JohnS

Go, Pib, Go! 'rah 'rah 'rah !!! :)

Pib, Sweet Lady, it is with sheer joy I read your comments on this masked mystery man, supposedly from the misty forests of Hillbilly-land...

He just can not be real!? If he is, well, then Santo Domingo "socitey" is still happily unaware of what is coming to them...