Eyeglasses

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I am in need of a new glass perscription. Anyone know of a where I might go in Santiago??? I may just wait till I get back to US but having frequent headaches .

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
For years I purchased my eyeglasses locally, and then during a trip to Italy to visit my sister in Rome she introduced me to a friend who owns a eyeglass shop. I purchased eyeglasses from him. I am now aware that when one pays cheap prices here, one is buying cheap lenses (probably made in China). The problem is also that there is no way to tell if a eyeglass store prices you for expenses lenses that they are actually delivering those expensive lenses. Good lenses make a difference. Every three years or so I now have visited my sister to get new lenses.

I suggest you pay the difference and ask for good lenses and ask for a way to verify the lenses used are not cheap ones purchased from China. A good oculist in Santiago will be able to tell you who has the better lenses.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
HR, you should be careful about improving your wife's vision.
She might leave you for a better looking guy like ME!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Optica international vision center
Centro Plaza International
Santiago 809-276-5599
Right across from Union Medico on JPD .My wife got her glasses there. Full transition lenses and they are very good lenses. Very happy with the service.

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
I purchased my eyeglasses at Optica Cibao, Av. Metropolitano, Santiago.
Up to now, I’m very pleased with them.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
there is a dom dr. boston trained center of santiago hospital also...headaches? his fees arent so high.... not like the states...
very busy office in santiago...i forget what street but center of town on the east side ..u can park somewhere ..near the big dept store...

Last edited: