jolly roger construction

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Three stories of block wall looked to be up today as I went past the location - looks like lots of work left to go.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
It will be a 2 story building. Neil and Angie are down there now (still I think) helping Patti and Kelly with the interior. Neil is a very precise builder and they are the ones who brought the Jager machine.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It looked taller than two stories to me. Just the roof that makes it look like three?

May 29, 2006
It can be impressive how fast work can be done when there is enough money or bonuses are at stake. But if they don't open by Dec 1, they'll have a hard time getting anyone to work until after New Year's. When they converted La Cartera to Jolly Rogers back in 2006, they only took a couple months and tore down much of the old venue. I think they started late March/early April and had an American running the crews. But a couple months before that, I saw the work at some place up near Europa grind to a halt at the end of November and then they didn't open until late January or so. Very nice when it was all done, but they lost half of the tourist season. I think it was called "Scandals"? Concept was a high end tequila bar. They didn't last long.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Well I will be there will bells on when they re-open because I was looking forward to going there for bingo!!!!

lacey

Mar 12, 2008
We were hoping to be open for Halloween but doesn't look like it now. Mid-November is our new hope. There is 2 floors built now with an eventual 3rd floor in the future. The second floor will contain 3 offices--not part of the bar. The floor tile should have been finished today. Bathroom tile is done and kitchen tile work to start in a day or 2. The building owner has given the builders an end of October deadline as they have to also complete plumbing and electrical. Since we will not be open for Halloween we do plan on having a belated Halloween party in November plus lots of other plans underway, including a Christmas Street Party. The Jolly Roger will be open for high season.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thank you for confirming the three floors. Best wishes on the fastest safe and secure pace possible to finish up. I had guessed the opening would be in January when work first started so Mid-November would be very good.