Got back from Punta Cana

J

John

I just returned today from a weekend in punta cana.
if you have any questions let me know.

D

DR1

I have a question?

When are you going to post a review of the places you stayed :)

Better still, email it to me and I will post it.

Rob.

J

John

Re: I have a question?

I had stay in over 80% of the resorts in punta cana. so, i dont really have the time to post a review of all of them. but i can answer any specific questions about PC in general.
This time i was in Occidental Flamenco (one of my favorites because the location and night life), everthing was fine except the AC in the room. it never got really cool.

T

traveler

EY John

Me, my cousin and friends are planning to stay over for new year's at Flamenco Bavaro. Could u provide some insight for how fun the atmosphere is and the type of tourist I'm bound to find in the premise. I'm a dominican but I never been but since I got a good deal I'd like to know if is much worth going there instead of having my usual new year's farewell in Sto Dgo. By the way is it worth going "accompanied" or is it easy to mingle with the crowd?

Thanks

J

John

Flamenco is a nice resort, it is large (850rooms), but not very spread out as others resorts.
this resort is good for families, but there is lot of action for singles too.
there is lot of bars, sport bar and a dance club.
Mangu club gets very crowd after midnight and is one of the best clubs for youngs in punta cana. lot of singles there.
The atmosphere of the hotel is very mix. mostly europeans, but you will find also latins, americans and canadians.

I was last year eve in Iberostar and had very good time. this year maybe i will try Flamenco.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

You would do us all a great favor if you do what DR1 suggested and write at least a short report with your own personal ratings. People like to hear different drums. So far your comments have been helpful, give us some more.
TW

J

Jan

Well my first time in RD i want to Punta Cana,stayed at the Alegro Bavaro. It was nice,pretty,comfortable,good for families. I was a single there and not such a great night life. Everyone seemed to have a partner but the staff there was very nice.
My favorite part of the time there was when I snuck out of the resort at night and went to the loacl place top drink with the locals. Thats when I fell in love with this country!!

J

Jerry

So John, I'm going to Punta Cana in March. I was going to Allegro, but haven't booked yet. I am Dominican-American going with some friends for Spring Break. I have never been to Punta Cana. Is Flamenco my best choice?

C

Colleen

A group of high school seniors, 17-18 year old girls are going the last week in March to Punta Cana and are probably staying at the Allegro Bravero. Is this a good choice? The girls would like some night life. As parents, we want to give them their freedom but also make sure they are safe. Any suggestions?

What about the restrictions on activities during Easter week? We leave the Saturday before Easter. Would we be effected only Friday and Saturday?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

John

Best Resorts for night life

Iberostar: has one of the best club in punta cana. just for guess of the 3 iberostar resorts. great for teenagers and young adult. techno and merengue music.

Barcelo Bavaro: nice club, also for guess of the 5 resorts, great for teenagers, and young adults, lots of latins from southamerica. great music, techno, pop and latin pop.

Occidental flamenco: one of the best choice for nightlife. great disco for guess and locals. not many teenagers there, !great!

Hodelpa Caribe: Areito club is called the best disco in Bavaro. great music and atmosphere. very open minded crowd over there.
mostly for adults. techno and high energy dance music.

Riu: this complex of five resorts has a great disco too. Pacha, good music, mix of guess and locals.

Outside the resort: Hurac?n Cafe. the best place for cool people. just right in the beach. great atmosphere, not for teenagers, but they will love this place.

Pachi pachi, for those looking for strip club.

Sorry, for those who are going to Allegro bavaro, not much night life over there.

J

Jerry

Thank You, John. I think I'll look into the Flamenco then.