The Strongbox, a novel

Mike

Jan 5, 2002
Survival and rebellion drive this story of a local strongman in Las Terrenas. Passionate, desperate, at times surreal, The Strongbox reflects life in the Dominican Republic during the oppressive Trujillo regime. Terrified, Papito dares plague and starvation in an abandoned village to escape. Many follow, living simple lives unnoticed by the regime until they are duped by one of their own. The Strongbox is laced together by the events of one day that changes their fate.

The Strongbox is an ebook available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and other epub sites. The first 20 percent is free to read!

Attention moderators, I am a paid advertiser referred here by Robert W.

Aug 6, 2006
Available only on Kindle, from Amazon
By Michael Pons.

. As their eyes met he took her in. This woman, only several years younger than his mam? and more than a decade older than he, was both simple and supple. The hem of her dress hung modestly above her knees, exposing only a hint of her cinnamon thighs. Her stomach was flat and her breasts pert, virginal. He could not imagine her betraying an indiscretion, this servile housekeeper. He pursed his lips and furrowed his brow. The thought of taking her like he would any other woman was incestuous to him. She had been part of his childhood. But then, it was so taboo it was arousing.

Nodi grew uncomfortable, feeling as if he was looking directly through her dress. She clasped her hands in front of her pelvis and took a step backwards, dropping her gaze to the tiny crucifix hanging from his neck, realizing she had actually been looking into his eyes. “I should not enter the office, Don Marcos, with the safe open,” she said humbly.

He glanced from Nodi to the safe, back to the hem of her dress fluttering in the insistent breeze invading The Strongbox, then locked onto her eyes. “Ay mami,” he said quietly, “do not worry, it is nothing, a silly tradition. Come,” he commanded again, beckoning with his hand full of pesos.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Survival and rebellion drive this story of a local strongman in Las Terrenas. Passionate, desperate, at times surreal, The Strongbox reflects life in the Dominican Republic during the oppressive Trujillo regime. Terrified, Papito dares plague and starvation in an abandoned village to escape. Many follow, living simple lives unnoticed by the regime until they are duped by one of their own. The Strongbox is laced together by the events of one day that changes their fate.

The Strongbox is an ebook available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and other epub sites. The first 20 percent is free to read!

Attention moderators, I am a paid advertiser referred here by Robert W.

Why don't you ad a link in this thread?

Mike

Jan 5, 2002
I don't know of a version selling for $1.99. Maybe one platform decided to go with that as a special. Are you sure they are the same?