Chinese Restaurant In Puerto Plata Closed?

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I heard that the Chinese restaurant in Puerto Plata (on/near the Malecon) is closed...boo hoo. Does anyone know what happened? It was run by a very nice family...related to the people who run the one in Cabarete.... Just wondering...

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
Yes Judy..you heard that correct! We loved the food there, Allie & Solong have indeed moved to Cabarete! We had dinner yesterday at Allies sisters restaurant..Excellent also! Talked to them and found out they are opening a new spot 2 doors down but.... Dominican Food!!! well if Solong cooks local food likes he cooks Chinese it will be awesome! They have a Grand opening set for this Thursday October 16th. I for one will be there to support them in their new venture.Sweet couple :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Would the last person to leave the North Coast, Please Turn Out The Lights????????

OH!,....It's the DR,...?Se Fue La Luz? already!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I can hear the fat lady singing , but you know that 12:00 curfew didn't help ,I mean WTF were they thinking ?

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Now i make my own fried rice,ie shrimp,ham,chicken. The other recipes are to complicated and not worth it as to cost and time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes Judy..you heard that correct! We loved the food there, Allie & Solong have indeed moved to Cabarete! We had dinner yesterday at Allies sisters restaurant..Excellent also! Talked to them and found out they are opening a new spot 2 doors down but.... Dominican Food!!! well if Solong cooks local food likes he cooks Chinese it will be awesome! They have a Grand opening set for this Thursday October 16th. I for one will be there to support them in their new venture.Sweet couple :)

Is the location where Sandros used to be?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
yes Windy, it is. It looks Chinese from the name but is apparently comida dominicana

I hope they can make a go of it. I used to like Sandros, but they must have fallen on hard times. I do question the sanity of opening yet another Dominican restaurant, but it used to work for Sandros back in the day.

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
We had dinner yesterday at Allies sisters restaurant..Excellent also!

I've driven through Cabarete a couple of times. Lot's to see and absorb all at once. Can you give me a specific name and visual landmark to help me find that Chinese food place you recommend? I assume they do eat in and take out?

Thx