satellite tv @ north coast

theconsul

May 6, 2014
www.project8.biz
Hello :)

Here i am again with this TV question

We live in Sosua, North Coast, for those who do not know where it is ;)

We have a satellite dish installed from the previous owner and have no cable access.

We would like some tv to watch

What are the options and prices that goes with them?

All options welcome :)

Thanks

Tc

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hello :)

Here i am again with this TV question

We live in Sosua, North Coast, for those who do not know where it is ;)

We have a satellite dish installed from the previous owner and have no cable access.

We would like some tv to watch

What are the options and prices that goes with them?

All options welcome :)

Thanks

Tc

Try Sky Satellite 809 560 9842 that's what I have had for 8 years in Sosua

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dish + Receiver

We use a 6-ft. dish and an FTA receiver.

There is a choice of dishes (Astro, locally made) and the US brand ChannelMaster (which pulls in better results and has a very sturdy mount and stand).

Most people use Nfusion or CaptiveWorks (with the EPG feature) receivers which work with an internet connection; but there are others, too.

donP

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Dolphi 809 224 3111 is the man for Satellites in Sosua. I assume he is still around. And I have permission to post his number.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bob,

Did you bring down the Dish network box and have your account associated in the USA or Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico, or did they do this for you?

Frank

I can answer that for you. Dolphi does everything, you just pay him monthly over here.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I can answer that for you. Dolphi does everything, you just pay him monthly over here.

That's a sweet deal. How much does he charge a month for Dish Network? I know there are several packages with Dish, I just want a general ballpark figure any of the packages?

frank

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Is this really legit? It sounds like this gentleman has codes to obtain the signal and is an independent. If you feel comfortable dealing with him go for it.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

It sounds like this gentleman has the codes to satellite tv programming and is not affiliated with Dish or any other legal satellite provider. His service probably works out well. If you are comfortable this arrangement than go for it.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
you can also get HD with a 2nd dish. But you may need to do the (semi) legal subscription where you pay a monthly fee (depending on what channel you choose) to Dishnetwork via a US address.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is this really legit? It sounds like this gentleman has codes to obtain the signal and is an independent. If you feel comfortable dealing with him go for it.

No, he opens an account in the US legally and gets the signal here with most likely two large dish's.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Correct you have a US account paid by CC in Miami.
Feeds are New York, PR, Virgin islands depending on the channel.
A bit pricey but worth it. Contact him and he can tell you the package prices.

Bob K