Stealing and Stealing again

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Changing of the Guards

So, it happened once and the asset's security was not changed to prevent a second occurance? Idiots!

I agree.
But sometimes the guards cannot be exchanged even if totally useless as they are 'protected botellas' or family members of the security company owner... :knockedou

Also often guards are in the deal or sell information to gangs.

donP

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
the authorities are usually very slow to act or legislate...raise taxes quickly...prevent criminal activity slow...
they were stealing drain covers in nyc, copper wires in atlanta...until the laws were changed...or made... now the scrap dealers cant buy burnt wire, cant buy utility poles(expensive aluminum)all a/c coils have to be sold by a licensed comp...no thieves stealing a/c units..(much)or many...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
It's so easy to set up the thieves in a sting operation. But then they would be catching themselves.

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
That is an real issue.
The problem is if you have nothing to loose how to convince these persons not to perform robberies? Even in most cases they are only the poor people who will excetute the job, but someone else is acting in the background.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
THEY AREN'T!!!!!!!
Theft is a HUGE problem in all hospitals here.
That's why the family has to go out and buy the medicine for their family members inside, at many hospitals!!!!!!
Hospital pharmacies are ALWAYS robbed.
Equipment???????
?Forget Abowdit?!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Boca Chica
Thieves stole A/C units and other valuables from the local hospital.
It happened when doctors were performing surgeries and while women were giving births, so personel and patients had to endure unpleasant temperatures.

This was the 2nd time within four months that robberies afflicted the hospital.

El Caribe ? Roban aires acondicionados en hospital de Boca Chica

donP

Oh....what a shock!!!

If I was Dominican......I might do that......

Was that not PC.......Dread??...Anyone.....

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Pharmacy Near By

That's why the family has to go out and buy the medicine for their family members inside, at many hospitals!!!!!!

I know of a director of a government hospital who owns a pharmacy just across the street form the hospital....

donP

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
If the guards prevented the theft then they wouldn't get their cut after the items were sold.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
We're stealing from government

Any government facility is a target for theft. It is like is has a big signs on the roof and on adjoining streets ----steal from me. Most of the times they are inside jobs by staff, security, and associates who hold resentment against a government they feel looks down upon them, underappreciates them through lack of sufficient wages and recognition. A hanging piece of meat gets more attention from government in their eyes.

Well, to get back at government for its attitude towards them, they turn their resentment to action to take from the government whatever is not nailed down. If government does not give what I want, I will take what I want. The government steals so why can't I. The government is holding what is mine so now I claim it.

Then other times it is just the public who steal because they harbor a grudge against government and will steal from any facilty painted in government colors. We're not stealing from people, we're stealing from government.

Then there are just thieves and theft is their occupation.

Theft in the DR is a symptom of a deeper illness in its society. Right now the only medicine for the illness is iron bars, a 12 guage, and a mean dog.

Regards,

PJT