spanish man shot and injured by security in POP

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I watched the interview with the guachiman.....lol....he was instructed not to let anyone on the property, and did his job....

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Has anyone heard of a watchie, actually shooting someone before this incident? This is a first for me.

Feb 7, 2007
I hope he gets 10 years minimum for attempted homicide (and let's hope it will remain only attempted). Most of these guachies are with brain size of a pea and are quite trigger happy.

Last edited:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The article is not very clear......... what was the spaniard doing there ? Did he live there ?

If he did, watchie is in a world of sh#$.....
If he didnt, watchie was doing his job........

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Hunting Spaniards

The article is not very clear......... what was the spaniard doing there ? Did he live there ?

If he did, watchie is in a world of sh#$.....
If he didnt, watchie was doing his job........

You mean, shooting people who do not live there, is his job? :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe he simply did not understand the instructions... :classic:
Entonces, no tiene la culpa. :)

donP

malko

Jan 12, 2013
You mean, shooting people who do not live there, is his job? :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe he simply did not understand the instructions... :classic:
Entonces, no tiene la culpa. :)

donP

No, meaning it is his job to protect the place. The article is very short.
Maybe he was trigger happy, maybe not.
Maybe he felt at risk, maybe not.
Maybe the place recently had problems, maybe not.

Just saying if it was cracked up Fulano who was skulking around, the watchie would have been praised on dr1 for doing his job.......

Anyway not enough information. Just speculations.

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
in puerto plata beach resort complex, on the malecon:
Un agente de seguridad hiere ciudadano extranjero en un confuso incidente en PP - Puerto Plata Digital

the victim was identified as: Jos? Emilio Rodr?guez Rivas de 66 a?os. the circumstances are not clear. i will report when i see more.

Every time I try to read it in Spanish, the automatic translator kicks in. The following translation of a witness account makes it perfectly clear what happened:

"...citizen Jose Emilio Rodriguez Rivas side of his ribs clung writhing in pain and shouted at her attacker "because I you assaulting, if I was not doing anything. "

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Useless Translator

Every time I try to read it in Spanish, the automatic translator kicks in. The following translation of a witness account makes it perfectly clear what happened:

"...citizen Jose Emilio Rodriguez Rivas side of his ribs clung writhing in pain and shouted at her attacker "because I you assaulting, if I was not doing anything. "

The article said:
"Varios testigos de este incidente que a?n no ha sido esclarecido, se?alaron que luego de ser herido por el vigilante privado, el ciudadano Jos? Emilio Rodr?guez Rivas se agarraba el lado de sus costillas retorci?ndose de dolor y le grit? a su agresor “porque me agredes, si no te estaba haciendo nada”.

Translation:
Several witnesses of the incident, which has not been cleared up, reported that after having been injured by the private security guard, the citizen Jos? Emilio Rodr?guez Rivas was grabbing his ribs convulsing in pain and shouted at his aggressor "why do you attack me, while I was not doing anything (at you)".

So, why the watchman shot at the Spaniard, is not known (so far).

donP

Last edited:

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I know someone that watch shot by a security guard. It was completely unprovoked. You have to be careful. Many of these security guards are poorly education and poorly trained.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Everyone in the DR is poorly educated and poorly trained. Why did you give them the gun. Its for shooting.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
finally some more info. the spanish man is recuperating after 3 surgeries. he was shot in an argument with a watchman who would not let him in despite the fact that the man wanted to get to his own apartment. apparently new owners of the project do not want to let inside the individual owners who have a problem forking out high charges for water and power...
?Se salv? a chepa! Extranjero herido por guardi?n en hotel de PP se recupera luego de ser operado en tres ocasiones - Puerto Plata Digital

malko

Jan 12, 2013
finally some more info. the spanish man is recuperating after 3 surgeries. he was shot in an argument with a watchman who would not let him in despite the fact that the man wanted to get to his own apartment. apparently new owners of the project do not want to let inside the individual owners who have a problem forking out high charges for water and power...
?Se salv? a chepa! Extranjero herido por guardi?n en hotel de PP se recupera luego de ser operado en tres ocasiones - Puerto Plata Digital

Seems to me the new owners should have a lot of explaining to do.......
If he doesnt pay water and luz........ shoot him........ mmmmh.

On a side note, if that was applied nation wide there would be a more reliable power supply......:paranoid: