Children being taken

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
North coast
I have looked in the news media and not see this but all the people here say it is true there was children taken and killed eyes removed and heart removed. The rummer is it was two Haitian doctors with no prof I don't kno.
The rummer was one child was found with 50 mil peso in his clothing.
If any of this is true please let me know as all the parents here now go to school with their children ans return to get them from the school at the end of the day.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Hmmmmm. There is a rumor here in the campo that kids are being kidnaped on the road to school, for their eyes/organs........
So parents are walking the kids to and from school, which is a good thing anyway......

These past few days people are speaking of it...... I just laugh. They take offense and certifie 2 kids were kidnapped on their way from school to home, in the village of Mamey .But of course nobody really knows who the kids were, or their parents........ ( hijos del sobrino del amigo del vesin del tio de fulano......)

I recall, recently, the dr goverment annoucing that all these rumors were not true.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
It was on the news the other night that they rescued a boy in La Caleta who had been kidnapped and held in an abandoned house in La Caleta. I don't think they caught the culprits and so what they were intending to do with him is unknown. Mothers are not sending their kids to school around La Caleta since apparently someone recorded a child being taken from a school. The child has since vanished. The news team have been around interviewing people. It's all a bit of a drama, but I suppose now there is evidence kids are being kidnapped, there is good reason.

I heard about the eyes and money pinned to the body etc. but I've seen no evidence of that, you would think a kid lying in the street with no eyes in the DR cel phones would be all over it, it would be out there somewhere. And as far as money pinned to a body left on the street.....................................what money, as if that would still be there.

There is now no doubt that kids are being targeted, in the La Caleta area of Santo Domingo, but for what I am unsure, and even so I don't care. If your kid goes missing in DR then you're not going to get them back, certainly not unharmed.

Aug 6, 2006
Most of the time, "kidnappings" occur when Pap? sneaks off with the kid because Mam? would allow him to take the kid. At least that is what is the most common occurrence in the US. Stealing body parts is a bit far-fetched, but stealing eyes is not likely. They can use a dead person's eyes, and do all the time. To make a profit at stealing body parts, a criminal would have to have at least some medical training. The town butcher would not have the skills needed. There have been stories about this in the Hispanic papers and radio in Miami as well, but they always seem to turn up like those stories of Fidel's death: untrue.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Hmmmmm. There is a rumor here in the campo that kids are being kidnaped on the road to school, for their eyes/organs........
So parents are walking the kids to and from school, which is a good thing anyway......

These past few days people are speaking of it...... I just laugh. They take offense and certifie 2 kids were kidnapped on their way from school to home, in the village of Mamey .But of course nobody really knows who the kids were, or their parents........ ( hijos del sobrino del amigo del vesin del tio de fulano......)

I recall, recently, the dr goverment annoucing that all these rumors were not true.

All the more reason to believe that it probably is true, when the gubermint tells you that it is not.

I have heard this story far too many times over the last week or so from numerous people here in SD to make me believe that something is going on and it wouldn't surprise me if it is being covered up.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
If Dominicans kidnap Dominican kids from the poorest barrios, I don't see the reason for expats to worry about that, even if it's true.

And what is the reason for Government to cover it up? I doubt that ANYTHING can be covered up in DR, people are talking too much here.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If Dominicans kidnap Dominican kids from the poorest barrios, I don't see the reason for expats to worry about that, even if it's true.

And what is the reason for Government to cover it up? I doubt that ANYTHING can be covered up in DR, people are talking too much here.

Erm, never thought that some of us have children with native women, you obviously live in the expat bubble if you can't contemplate some of us even live in and around these barrios as well. Because this is happening in DR does not mean the people committing these crimes are Dominican either. And besides, if children are being abducted then no matter from where, it should be of concern to every resident that this is going on. And besides even further, I'm sure lighter skinned kids are more profitable, whatever use is being made of them, organs, sex, ransom, there is every reason to be concerned. I saw a photo of one of the kids rescued and he is more European looking than me.
You doubt anything can be covered up in DR, lol. Wow, you really are living in another world, have you ever been to the DR? lol. You certainly don't seem to be aware of your surroundings, or even care if this post is anything to go on:tired:

b?rbaro

Jul 9, 2014
Erm, never thought that some of us have children with native women, you obviously live in the expat bubble if you can't contemplate some of us even live in and around these barrios as well. Because this is happening in DR does not mean the people committing these crimes are Dominican either. And besides, if children are being abducted then no matter from where, it should be of concern to every resident that this is going on. And besides even further, I'm sure lighter skinned kids are more profitable, whatever use is being made of them, organs, sex, ransom, there is every reason to be concerned. I saw a photo of one of the kids rescued and he is more European looking than me.
You doubt anything can be covered up in DR, lol. Wow, you really are living in another world, have you ever been to the DR? lol. You certainly don't seem to be aware of your surroundings, or even care if this post is anything to go on:tired:

Hug, sorry but I don't get you, I thought dominican women have nothing to offer but you now have kids with one???

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Hug, sorry but I don't get you, I thought dominican women have nothing to offer but you now have kids with one???

No need to apologize. What don't you get and I'll try to enlighten you. This is not a new development, I don't understand what you mean by 'now', I've had my family in DR for quite a few years.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
By Andrew Warinner, Former Editor of the Urban Legend Zeitgeist

Kidney theft is a venerable urban legend. The origins of urban legends are notoriously difficult to identify but in the case of kidney (or other organ) theft, the rumors seem to have preceded the real-life cases by some years.

Here's what is known about the evolution of the stories (and there are multiple versions):

Mid-1980s: Organ theft rumors circulate in Honduras and Guatemala.

In this version, gringos are kidnapping children, harvesting their organs and dumping the bodies (often with macabre notes like "Thanks for the organs!" in English stuffed into the body cavities or bloody cash left in their pockets).

The rumors incited a certain amount of hostility and even violence against Western tourists. Two American tourists were killed by a mob who suspected them of being organ thieves. The U.S. State Department issued a travel warning in 1987 cautioning travelers about the rumors. Some U.S. government officials claimed the rumors were part of a Soviet disinformation campaign.

1990-1: Kidney theft legends hit the U.S. The canonical form does not feature kidnapped, murdered children, this time the organ thieves target hapless single males, something along the following lines: "boy meets attractive girl in bar/girl invites boy back to hotel or home/boy loses consciousness/boy wakes up alone and discovers surgical incision in back/doctors confirm boy is short one kidney." The South America/Central America link is made because the bar is often located south of the border or the attractive girl is often described as being a Latina.

April 1991: Kidney theft is featured in an episode of Law & Order ("Sonata for Solo Organ"). Just from what headlines it was ripped is unclear; it may have been the case of one Ahmet Koc who claimed he was lured to Britain from Turkey by a job offer and woke up after a medical checkup minus a kidney. Or the writers may have picked up on a popular rumor or one its appearances in U.S. newspapers.[1]

1992: Organ theft legends are transplanted to Eastern Europe: orphanages are harvesting the organs of children.

1997: Kidney theft hits the Internet. A widely forwarded email follows the "boy meets girl" form and adds a few juicy details; the victim wakes up in a bathtub of ice, sees "Call 911" written in lipstick on the mirror, calls 911 to find out he is the latest victim of kidney theft. Since the legend circulated by email there is not the usual variation in detail as you see with oral transmission but the location is often changed. Cities featured were Las Vegas, New Orleans and New York; all modern day dens of iniquity.

I saw the 1997 outbreak at first hand; I was writing the "Urban Legend Zeitgeist" at the alt.folklore.urban Urban Legends Archive. It was amazing how widely it spread and how widely it was credited.

Since then there have been several illegal organ trafficking rings that have come to light in Turkey and India.

The Kosovo claims are a bit problematic; it spite of Dik Marty's best efforts, his investigation came up with little concrete evidence, particularly on the transplantation end of the bargains.

It is important to remember that kidney theft rumors were circulating for years before the organ trafficking was exposed; they did not inspire or were the basis of the organ theft rumors and the circumstances of the organ theft do not conform to the urban legends.

So why are organ theft legends popular? The child dismemberment variety taps into a profound fear, maybe one of the deepest we have. The "boy meets girl" variety also ties into to a common fear - one folklorist described them as a "male rape myth."

As Jan Mixon and John Morrow have pointed out, the logistics of organ theft are particularly implausible; part is not parts in the case of organ transplants.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I am unsure why people are doing their best to disprove the kidnapping of children because there is no real evidence that it is for organ harvesting. For whatever reason kids are going missing and so that is enough for every parent to be on guard as if it were for organ harvesting. Taking the main concern that this is actually happening away through a technicality is dangerous, people should be acting very cautious right now, and to be honest, high levels of concern for your kids is a given in DR. The place is full of nasty bastards with more value on money than human life.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Totally bogus story. Complete nonsense. What do they do about blood typing and tissue typing ....guess ??

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Of course everyone should keep an eye on their kids, here in the dr and everywhere else.
Its just that the rumor is flying around that kids are being kidnapped, but I am still to meet a parent who has a missing kid.........( its campo, everyone knows each other ).

Until proven otherwise, this one goes in the I saw a witch fly over the church/ I have been abducted by aliens / There is a man-eating rat in parisian sewers / one can catch aids by hand shaking. / My daugter got pregnant by relieving herself on a semen soaked public toilet.......

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Are there actually verified stories?Or just the type we tell each other here on DR1. Such as "I met someone who knew someone whose neighbor's brother-in-law said that a kid disappeared a few weeks ago."

No, they rescued a boy from a home in La Caleta this week. He had been held in an abandoned house for quite a long time apparently. It was on the news.

Camera crews have been around the area alot also, interviewing on the street. About 50% of the kids under 10 are not going to school at the moment, and there are a couple of local women that are known that there kids have not been seen for a week of so.
I'm not reading anything about kids being found without eyes n stuff, that makes no difference to me. The fact that kids are going missing and there seems to be an investigation going on (more so than normal) leads me to believe there is a some heat in the chilli.

If there is even the slightest chance that this is true then people should not be disregarding anything. Part of this is proven to be true, kids have been taken, one has been found, that is for sure. I couldn't care if they were being taken for organs, I have a daughter, the alternative for your young girls being taken does not bare thinking about.

Feb 15, 2005
You are claiming that illegal organ harvesting does not exist?

I agree.
How disturbing is it, to have supposedly intelligent folk, disregard possibilities?
During the 2010 Haitian earthquake, there were "missionaries" from the U.S. hiding in Puerto Plata with about 10 homeless/parent-less children. Reports of children having organs removed were rampant.

It is NOT out of the realm of possibilities. The world has some very very real and evil corners in it and all for monetary benefits.

This is NOT a supermarket tabloid:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...201311/body-snatchers-organ-harvesting-profit

Last edited:

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
I agree.
How disturbing is it, to have supposedly intelligent folk, disregard possibilities?
During the 2010 Haitian earthquake, there were "missionaries" from the U.S. hiding in Puerto Plata with about 10 homeless/parent-less children. Reports of children having organs removed were rampant.

It is NOT out of the realm of possibilities. The world has some very very real and evil corners in it and all for monetary benefits.

This is NOT a supermarket tabloid:
Body Snatchers: Organ Harvesting For Profit | Psychology Today

Probably so many disregard possibilities because they are in denial about those possibilities that evil persists in this world and is everywhere you turn.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
There was also a serious article in the local news about two witches having a midair collision over the city of Moca on their brooms a couple of years ago.
Der Fish

All media is stuffed with disinfo to discredit and 'water down' real discourse on the issues by the public.