English speaking lawyers?

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
I am looking for an english and spanish speaking lawyer in the santo domingo area, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also are these lawyers reviewed? I have been informed that there was a recent article in one of the local publications, that suggested that about 50%, of dominican lawyers are not licensed and basically just hang up a shingle, I would imagine if you had one of the unlicensed attorneys do work for you it would not be binding.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
There is an office for Guzman and associates in SD. Don't have their number but a big, good firm with most of them speaking English

Bob K

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Guzman as mentioned above. Rates seem reasonable, excellent service and most of the lawyers in the firm speak very good English.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Depends what you need them for, but I use Guzman Ariza for good support and very professional. Very expensive, there is no getting away from that, but they do seem to get the job done without the headache I have endured when using others. The initial quote will be high, even take your breath away, but on the grand scale of things, when I have tried to use others to avoid high costs, in the end it has ended up costing the same, takes the same time and been much more stressful.
If you can afford them then GA is worth it.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Dominican rule of thumb: if your lawyer, real estate agent, auto mechanic, or gardener speak english expect to pay double.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have a partner in a project who is an excellent lawyer with a known family name and speaks perfect English, StoDgo based. You won't pay double.

PM me and I'll pass on his phone number.