Is this a cause for alarm

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Rather Late

I wonder if this is a cause for alarm....4 African tourists enter POP, from Ebola infected countries.......

the link: Causa alarma entrada de 4 turistas liberianos - listindiario.com

I wonder if I beat DV8 on this one????

Neither dv8 nor me..... :tired:
Check out the Ebola threads.

They also did not come from "Ebola infected countries".

BTW, there is an update on this:
http://noticiaspop.com.do/2014/10/a...canos-que-entraron-por-aeropuerto-de-pto-pta/

donP

Last edited:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i spoke to a friend of mine today whose wife works in hospital...she thinks that they are putting a good spin on the crisis....(lots of cover ups) cant say that she works for that three letter thing....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
10698485_10152440297891700_4637634134098022661_n.jpg

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
you two are joking about a serious health problem..
somethings cant be fixed....
you think that ebola is a joke? and any info passed on is something to make jokes on....guess you have not read on any of this...and of course don't know the agency who is in charge...
i travel to one of those cities and i am conscious....of it...
hope you dont think ebola means you might go bowling.. ibola tomorrow

Aug 6, 2006
The article does not say when they entered, when they left, or whether they actually had been in Liberia recently. The airport and DR immigration apparently did not reveal to the reporters even what they must have known, by looking at their passports.

There is probably no cause for concern.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I wonder if this is a cause for alarm....4 African tourists enter POP, from Ebola infected countries.......

the link: Causa alarma entrada de 4 turistas liberianos - listindiario.com

It's only cause for alarm if you are American.......and you watch Fox News.

For normal people, no need to be concerned.........

I can only assume that you don't watch Fox News. I don't trust any news channels (although I firmly believe MSNBC to be the worst) I am currently visiting family back in the state I have seen Fox News the last 2 nights and both (I believe names are correct) Sam>? Shepard and Kelly something , hot blond chick, were adamant that people should NOT be worried about contracting Ebola. The blond mad a point that, even though she has a fear of flying she would NOT be afraid to fly Frontier Air (the airline that flew the nurse from Dallas) So please give me some specific example of where Fox News is spreading fear.
My guess is that you are talking out your A** and never watch it and are quoting bs from some other person or source that is also full of bs.
I am an independent but am fully ready to site sources for my information. I don't just repeat dribble that I hear from someone.
waiting for your Youtube clips........

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I get the impression they were US-based and had not been to SL in recent months.

From Friday's DR1 news:

Migration authorities step up Ebola prevention measures
The Dominican Migration authorities have ordered the automatic application of Ebola sanitary protocol controls at air and maritime ports in compliance with World Health Organization guidelines. The immigration computer system has been programmed to detect passengers who have recently traveled to high-risk countries. Any potential suspect will be subject to assessment.
The action coincides with the detection of an African couple from Sierra Leone who vacationed at a north coast hotel for three days. As reported in Diario Libre, an immigration clerk notified the authorities about the African couple's visit. Consequently, epidemiologist Eliza Polanco visited the tourists and tested them to ensure that they were in good health. The tourists, who traveled from Miami, were staying at a hotel in Costa Dorada.
In response to the situation, Puerto Plata International Airport (AIGGL) delegate Lic. Guarionex Vasquez Polanco circulated a memorandum dated 14 October 2014 informing of the start of prevention measures. As reported, they were already in the pipeline for implementation.
Disponen control sanitario de visitantes contra el ?bola - listindiario.com
Confirman?pareja de Sierra Leona que entr? y sali? de?RD?no ten?a ?bola

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
[video=youtube;KU4SaLet29g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KU4SaLet29g[/video]

There is a little interference at one point in the video but it clears up...
You can see the poor guy's eyes glazing over.
Whoever makes the decision to allow that woman to do serious interviews should be fired post-haste.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Turns out the Dr. Toby Merlin of the CDC is a high school classmate, the brightest guy in a school of exceptionally bright kids. 80% of all my high school classes were with Toby.

I knew he had become a doctor, just didn't know what or where...

Small world...