Trigger Alert!!!

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
The following was posted by a member of a facebook group. I included the link to the group below.

Trigger Alert!!!

So I was kidnapped yesterday in front of Ocean Dream in broad daylight. A gua gua that had six men and a woman with a baby, I jumped in to go home to Encuentro. I told them to stop at Coconut Palms but at that moment all 5 men jumped me and kidnapped me. They held my arms and legs and one from the back held his hand over my mouth and pulled my hair to the point my neck was breaking. I struggled and screamed as I saw for a moment people on the side of the road I was screaming for my life. The man behind me covering my mouth and nose until I passed out. I come to with all five men molesting me with their fingers inside me. Im screaming for them to take my purse and leave me on the side of the road. They keep driving and Im struggling to see where I am but there are too many men controlling my body.There is another woman with a baby and I can hear her crying and I can only think that I hope they are not hurting her, they only rob her diaper bag and don't touch her. The man behind me pulls my hair so my neck is over the seat and so I cant move. Im trying to remain calm begging for them to take what they want and let me out. The driver was irritated and kept yelling "shut that bitch up or I will kill her" he and the guy pulling my hair were very scary and I feared for my life. They kept looking for an abandoned road to dump us. At this point I thought I was going to be killed. The other men held me down with their strength and I was no match. The driver kept yelling to the guy pulling my hair that if I dont stop talking he is going to kill me. You think in those situations you can fight your way out. But you are at the mercy of crazed robbers who have no thought of wrong or right. They pulled my dress down and straightened my bra and held me tighter. They stole 200 pesos, my itouch and my very special ring. we were dumped on the side of an abandoned road I didnt know which way was up and the man who was wearing my ring gave me 25 pesos in my hand. Thank god we are ok and we try to find a way to the main road. I give the pesos to the woman and try to console her. I make it to the road , I stand there in shock. Gringos passing me in their cars, im waiting for anything to take me home. Finally a dominican on a moto stops and becomes concerned he flags down a moto taxi gives him a 100 pesos to take me home. Im home Im alive Im safe I have an amazing friend helping me. This wont taint me of the ugliness of the country but Ill try to be aware even though I take so many precautions because Im alone but it is not enough here but I will just keep going. Oh and **** everyone who drove past me on the road...go **** yourselves you small minded ****s...sorry, excuse me for my french I dont like to swear.. So I will not be at the Encuentro meeting because it doesnt matter no one cares, they only take care of themselves as they have told me...Im thankful Im ok Im just in shock for awhile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/278986042200182/?fref=nf
(Posted in Everything Cabarete! "For Sale/Rent, Surf/Kite, complete random ect.")

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Thank's for sharing. So this is the second history like this I read , the first one some few days ago:

"​IMPORTANT PUBLIC NOTICE FOR CABARETE / NORTH COAST / DANGER-FAKE PUBLIC TAXI'S---Yesterday at approximately 9am in front of Janets Supermarket a foreigner/tourist (male) over 50 thought he was getting into a public taxi (carro publico) to head in the direction of Sosua. Turned out to be a fake taxi and the man was threatened and robbed of all his belonging and money,then later pushed out of the fake taxi in La Union. Please don';t take a chance till these impostors/thieves are apprehended and use TAXI Cabarete/Sosua 809-571-0767 (Please do not delete)"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
without people reporting this to the police, or even better, to local media like detras de rumor or puertoplata digital and puerto plata habla the chances of the police dealing with this are smaller. i have seen lots of crimes reported in the media with a follow up police action that resulted from it. just whining on FB is not going to bring any effects.

without people reporting this to the police, or even better, to local media like detras de rumor or puertoplata digital and puerto plata habla the chances of the police dealing with this are smaller. i have seen lots of crimes reported in the media with a follow up police action that resulted from it. just whining on FB is not going to bring any effects.

I am sure she would report this?! Lets hope so!

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
This is more than troubling to say the least. When I do use public transportation I always use someone I know. That may be a good rule of thumb to follow. I avoid gua gua's entirely. That said - one should be able to take the bus without getting robbed and sexually assaulted. Its really horrible.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
New Fashion

If these animals are not found and killed, this kind of guagua crime will come into fashion even more.

donP

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Could someone please clarify if the vehicle in question was indeed a guagua (small bus) or a caro publico (more of a public taxi) as there still seems to be some confusion as to the type of vehicle in question?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am sure it was a Guagua but I do think she said maybe the puerto plata thing was not on the front?!

I just think it is important that everyone knows the accurate type of vehicle it was as this could affect a lot of livelihoods of honest and trustworthy Dominicans unless there is some clarification..... hope I am not being too persnickety

I just think it is important that everyone knows the accurate type of vehicle it was as this could affect a lot of livelihoods of honest and trustworthy Dominicans unless there is some clarification..... hope I am not being too persnickety

No it's a fair question but I believe someone was robbed recently in a fake carro publico as well in Cabarete so it is really important to make sure you are getting in a legit one. (If that is at all
Possible.)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
why didn't the woman go straight to the police? if she was strangled and messed with there would be evidence showing and more impact while she was reporting the crime. not to mention that the memory of faces and objects would be more fresh. what car? brand? colour? what were the men wearing? the police could have taken action immediately and there were more chances of the criminals to be caught. maybe even red handed, trying to attack someone else.

why didn't the woman go straight to the police? if she was strangled and messed with there would be evidence showing and more impact while she was reporting the crime. not to mention that the memory of faces and objects would be more fresh. what car? brand? colour? what were the men wearing? the police could have taken action immediately and there were more chances of the criminals to be caught. maybe even red handed, trying to attack someone else.

Shock, fear, knowing the police will do nothing. Many victims like this never go to the police. I can't even imagine where my head would be at after that, especially in this Country!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would go directly to the police. that's all i can say. it's not a small crime.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
It will be useful if the persons involved continue to keep the community informed of what results they have got! Follow up is most important for all of us!

Olly and the Team