Rumba Fluff Piece

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Translation by Bing

Sosua-more than 4 years an intense campaign of smear has been making about this city, taking prostitution as an instrument and justification on a street where the greatest amount of business with local identity and which represent an attraction for the type of tourist who visit us in part.

Denying the existence of prostitution in the pedro Clisante serious disrespect to the truth, but we just failing to the truth if we deny that back this is hiding the darkest interests; We will take as a business, Rumba Bar, to talk about this fun Center we are obliged to speak of manipulation, bribery and abuse of power.

What is Rumba Bar?.-Is a bar located on the corner pedro Clisante with Dr. Rossen, which has effective security, where its main activity is to provide local and foreign different sports games that are carried out at international level, making use of nearly a dozen TV and projectors for large-sized screens, which catches the attention of tourists and residents attracted by sports tastes they share drinks while enjoying among friends competitions at times between 2 pm and 12 and 2:00 PM.

The remarkable assistance of people to place triggers behind the scenes recognised persecutions by business owners and investors, some of which have the support of policy-makers of the ruling party, who making use of its influences without proven justification and obvious abuse of power even achieved the deportation of its owner Lord Robert Anechiarico in July 2014 American and others pay high sums of money to achieve its claims.

Rumba bar is perhaps the only business of this street where they have never found a minor inside, not have shot a citizen or have killed a person unlike others, on no occasion have found drugs and riots there don't register with importance, no sosuense of goodwill can be said that there is negotiate selling sexual servicesHowever its owner was and deported in the majority of cases the Administration is denied to place tables on the pedestrian street in the evening as opposed to other businesses, which is not discrimination but paid and ranked action.

Because the persecution? Bribery and manipulation, who are behind, investors, traders, or authorities?

To be continued...

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Interesting spin on Rumbas and the "clean up Sosua" campaign. I cant help but wonder if any of the expats caught up in this have appealed their casses to higher DR courts and got their countries consulates involved. Especially from the point of view this post represents..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting spin on Rumbas and the "clean up Sosua" campaign. I cant help but wonder if any of the expats caught up in this have appealed their casses to higher DR courts and got their countries consulates involved. Especially from the point of view this post represents..

Once they have been deported and permanently banned from the DR it would be difficult for them to do anything.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Good luck getting your Consulate to back you on anything connected with sleaze....:rambo:

From this articles perspective, you have nothing more than a bar owned by expat investors that has an outstanding location to insure a lot of butts in the seats that makes for great liquor sales. Prostitution is legal. Rumbas doesn't employ girls as did Passions or CMP. They don't require bar fines or anything else that would link them as a third party promoting prostitution for profit. They are just selling liquor and beer. Some hot wings and a big screen to watch the games on. Not much different than a sports bar in north America really with exception of the girls that are there and walk through the place regularly. The same ones that will still be there after Rumbas is long gone over this!! So what's "Sleazy" about this?

uncle226

Sep 11, 2007
Rumba was only a sports bar and is still open it look like the only one breaking the law is the DR Attorney General. The only mistake the owner made was thinking the D R was a country governed by the rule of law

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Translated with Bing

Sosua-Rumba Bar 4 years ago started its activities as a commercial establishment, having before its assigned building a considerable portion of land to the local Council, so the sidewalk had the same measure in width to the part belonging to the House of the deceased and renowned Professor Luis Gess (of Jewish origin), also delivering to the local authority on dutya high sum of money as a contribution to the construction of the only sidewalk that meets the conditions to be contained in a tourist area in the Pedro Clisante.

Because abused its owner and the place? simple, I am not referring to the arrest and deportation of Bobi (Rumba Bar owner), without being allowed to be judged in a trial that is equal with respect to their rights, forgiveness is that I forgot that did not know any process against him, this action executed against a foreign investor who represents the most aberrant and damaging action of authoritarianism by others and open violation of due process constitutionally entitled to every citizen in the Dominican RepublicIt is only part of the violations suffered, I mean that two years later the Vice Mayor of the city Olivense Wilfredo (Willy El Chamo), decided to build a bar (from Latin Drink) bordering Rumba, the Ministry of tourism and local authorities allowed him to occupy approximately 2 meters wide to all along the sidewalk, covering a part of the visual of Rumba Bar and removing the community a potion of public spacethat Professor Gess had given to the community.

Latin Drink of construction occupies large part of the sidewalk

This reality can still be felt at that time and is still there, in open abuse of authority in part and in another that paid, part of the bar (from Latin Drink) was built on the wall that limits and occupying area which are the property of Rumba, without any authority to make case to claims that at the time they were formulated.

Construction on the wall medianeta

EYE...EYES. AND MORE OJOSSSS...

Let's talk about prostitution, corruption and complicity, ready to rumba individual women who are single, in this part you will discover numerous must present your identity document, mainly women who try to enter with weapons, among others, with certificates or card counterfeit or altered, in which case occupied gun, or the same false or altered document that the person it carries it them are delivered to the CESTURwho all made and moments later the person walks on the street as if nothing, who is it that fails, Ruma bar or the authority?.

The entrance to the place is forbidden to women with exaggerated costumes or very little clothing, also to those who know them as thieves, a well known reality is that those women who steal from tourists or are put in accordance with pimps or husbands to assault, supported by members of the CESTUR and members of the police national, with those who share irregular earnings and the authorities do nothing to correct thisThis reality the authorities know about it and do nothing.

No one can deny that members of the CESTRUR are women who work for them and steal for them, sharing their dirty profits and in other cases also serve to obtain sexual pleasures and the authorities do nothing; I ask you friend is Rumba Bar or other businesses responsible for this disorder? Why the authorities do not correct this pitiful reality? It is difficult to correct or is that it does not want?, questions your answer is no, if possible, what happens is that this illegal activity is a dirty business that fills the bolcillos of many even of those who could be remains responsible for the eradication of evil and why.

Ask you friends are business perpetrators, or corrupt authorities imposed a regime of disorder to benefit? We can hope that way to be a reliable destination?, I hope your answer...

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
@barker. I like the piece you wrote, but I have one question. You say that due process is due to every citizen of Santo Domingo, but you refer to Bobby as most know as foreign investor. So how is the constitution of the DR written regarding foreigners as citizens? Im not familiar with the DR constitution nor when a legal resident becomes a full DR citizen.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
@barker. I like the piece you wrote, but I have one question. You say that due process is due to every citizen of Santo Domingo, but you refer to Bobby as most know as foreign investor. So how is the constitution of the DR written regarding foreigners as citizens? Im not familiar with the DR constitution nor when a legal resident becomes a full DR citizen.

Look at the top and you will see @barker copied the article and used Bing translation.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
When I came to this country several years ago a good friend here gave me some advice - do not do any business here which is very profitable and successful - locals will take it in time. Only real estate is more or less secure.

May be this is the case here?

Jul 28, 2014
The Hilarious part is even though Bob is gone, Rumba has not changed in the slightest, same amount of "ladies" in there, same dudes picking them up. As noted above, dont get too big, nor make too much money, you just throw up a flag saying take my stuff!!!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
The problem with Rumba is that the women are allowed to sit around drinking NOTHING....therefore, in the eye of the law, Rumba is promoting prostitution. Having them buy a bottle of water would probably solve this problem as they are then a customer.