All-Inclusive near Hato Mayor

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
hey Guys,

I am planning on visiting the DR in March, I want to find an all inclusive resort near Hato Mayor, what city would bethe closest resort ?

Thanks

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Hato Mayor is totally inland. Closest hotels will be between Bavaro and Uvero Alto.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Its not an all-inclusive per say but I think it has packages, Paraiso Cano eco-lodge resort, is cool trip Paraiso Ca?o Hondo. I stayed there once and is at the Los Haitises about an hour from Hato Mayor 30-40km but slow is slow in parts.

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
Juan Dolio would be the closest. App. 45 minutes ride with a public bus.
Boca Chica is about 50 minutes to one hour ride.
In town you have some hotels or rooms which are OK, but without AI and you would not Need AI anyhow if you want to stay in a town away from all tourists :)

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
I would say it is 1,5 hours ride or more as the road is not the best one and you would need a car or you need to make your arrangements with a driver upfront. If you like the nature that is a nice place for2 or 3 days.

Its not an all-inclusive per say but I think it has packages, Paraiso Cano eco-lodge resort, is cool trip Paraiso Ca?o Hondo. I stayed there once and is at the Los Haitises about an hour from Hato Mayor 30-40km but slow is slow in parts.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
hey Guys,

I am planning on visiting the DR in March, I want to find an all inclusive resort near Hato Mayor, what city would bethe closest resort ?

Thanks

Why Hato Mayor? Are you visiting family or do you have business there? Sorry, just nosey. Wherever you fly into, whether it is Santo Domingo or even Punta Cana you will have a considerable drive. You will probably need to rent a vehicle. As other posters have said you will not find anything very close to your destination, certainly no all inclusives.